2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

Today driving home these 2 things fired up on my dash. Car feels perfectly normal. Have hondata so connected it to the pc not sure if I've done it right but does not seem to find any error codes.

Any thoughts what to do next?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
you can try disconecting battery for a while then see if error comes back
but when mine popped up i made sure i got a code reader on that read abs codes
more than likely you have a wheel speed sensor gone down
id never erase codes before finding out what was listed then id erase them and see what pops up againg
you can sometimes do a resistance test on the wheel sensor and find the faulty 1 that way

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should my hondata show me these codes? As I had it plugged in yeterday but no error codes appeared. Maybe I have done it wrong?

·
4,275 Posts
Should do but mine didn't. FP showed zero DTC errors but doing the above showed a B1168 (guage cluster to ECM error). Doing the above should give you the code to isolate what's causing it, likely a bad earth or one of the wheel seneors needs addressing.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that mate. I have to take the car to honda in the afternoon for roof rust repair so have no time to fix it now. Is it safe to drive? Less than 10 miles I need to drive

·
4,275 Posts
Should be as along your ABS still works, likely fail an MOT though so worth getting checked out sooner rather than later.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fresh mot was done a month ago. Will get it looked at as soon as I get the car back from the body shop.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
What does the manual say?... I suspect, driver carefully, and get it looked at asap.

If so, it's safe to drive.

If the manual says, DO NOT DRIVE, then you have no insurance to drive.... so you need it collecting.

You have to drive the vehicle in accordance with it's designed use, which means following what the manual says.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I did not update this. After my last post I went to take it to the body shop and it was still there when I started but completely disappeared after about 3 min of driving. My question is. Somebody was mentioning water in some cable something :D It was rainy day when it appeared for the first time. Somebody could send me a picture of that cable so I can seal it off? :D

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Should my hondata show me these codes? As I had it plugged in yeterday but no error codes appeared. Maybe I have done it wrong?

what did you have it plugged into
its possible it might be dirt build up on abs sensor or the actuator ring
or like mine when it first started just a abs sensor starting to fail then it will 1 day show error and not reset untill you change sensor

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the responses guys. It was a faulty ABS sensor on the rear drivers side. Getting it replaced soon :)

·
4,275 Posts
Same as mine mate, the rears are super easy to fit, just have to hammer the old one out.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
exactly same as mine
all i done was remove disc to make sure i wasnt going to damage anything and ran a 10mm drill bit(i think it was 10) through hole to make it easy to fit as the old ones do get a little tight to remove
the abs light went out as soon as either i started car or started to drive off not sure of which but i clearded all codes it had stored while fault was active and nothing poped back up since fitting
fairly straight forward and easy job to do

1 - 14 of 14 Posts