2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The ABS and VSA light came on some time ago. I went to Honda for a diagnosis and they said that I have to replace the left front sensor. I changed that and I went back to Honda since the error message was still there.

The second time I got the answer that the left back sensor is actually broken and of course I change that one also. The error did not disappear so I went to a local service last night to check it. They told me that they could connect to all the other car parts except the ABS module. In conclusion the guy said that the ABS module needs to be changed.

If I take the battery out and put it back again, the error disappears but I hear a constant sound(pump like) from the front. after 2-3 minutes of having that sound it disappears. During this time the breaks are acting weird (stones ) and the breaking pedal is shaking and having small "vibrations".

The service recommend that I change the ABS module and this should fix it. Any input from you guys. Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just search the forum there are more help posts for this issue than any other.
Sounds more like dirt on the sensor pick up rings to me, the juddering is the abs kicking in, when it happened on mine and Honda replaced the faulty sensor to no avail they cleaned the pick up ring and it cured it. Have a read of all the posts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmmm i had this issue and two of my code readers would read the fault but not clear it, i had to buy a new machine to read and clear it. I was told honda abs module is a hard thing to read, in the end i had a faulty front n/s sensor and muck on a rear o/s . If i was you i would get a second opinion from somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts