2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

If I need to get a new ABS pump, is it just plug and play or is there a special procedure that needs to be followed before it will be accepted by the ECU?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Should be plug and play. But very rare for these to fail.

Do you have a warning light/checked the what the warning light reads when plugging in? Usually it is a wheel sensor that fails.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
i went through the labour of changing the ABS pump on a honda accord a few years ago thinking it was knackered

at the time i didn't have an ABS diagnostic machine but i had done a continuity test of each sensor ( the ABS light on the dash was lit up ) and they seemed to read ok so i changed the ABS pump thinking that was the problem.
it wasn't
after re tracing my footsteps it turned out to be an ABS sensor which for whatever reason was now reading open circuit, changed it and the job was done

the moral is before you go to the trouble of changing the ABS pump get it diagnosed properly and be sure what you are changing is the right part

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I've had 3 of the wheel sensors replaced. The only thing that gave me cause for concern was that 2 of them were from ebay and they dodn't have a diode that the originals had. I've taken it to the garage and they could see all the wheel sensors were giving wheel speed reading, so I think they should be ok. They said they got an error relating to the relay but we couldn't find the relay so they think it's part of the pump unit. Do you know if the relay is somewhere else?
It's reassuring to know it's plug and play as one garage gave me a crazy crazy quote and said the dealer would have to do some kind of programming to get it to work.
The problem I have now is the label appears to have come off the pump so I don't have the exact part number. When you replaced yours did you use the exact same part number? Should it be ok as long as the replacement comes from an 8mk 1.8L civic like mine?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
After taking the pump off I have a code 645L5291105 but I don't know how to match this to a part number in this format 57110-SMG-xxxx-M1 which is how it seems to be soled. Any ideas?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I think the part I need it ether 57110-SMG-G010-M1 or 57110-SMG-E031-M1. Any idea what the difference is between them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts