2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car reporting right hand side abs sensor open circuit. So I was taking wheel hub off and my abs sensor has snap off clean. How much is one . It snap because when replacing bump stops I think the abs sensor snagged on the weight of the hub.

Its a 1.8 2007 5dr if that helps . Seems to be like 60?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Not sure what you are asking, they cost over £100 and about an hour to fit at dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it have to be Honda or can u use bosch ones

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Nothing wrong with using aftermarket parts, provided you can find one that actually fits. I couldn't.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah having trouble finding one but the bosch ones from euro car parts says it for german cars only - doesnt say its for jap cars

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OK my abs sensor is still snap off (just the drivers front side) so my ABS and VSA lights are on . Im due to get it replace today.

Has the whole ABS/VSA turned off just because one sensor is not working?

I ask because The whole car feels different braking . Today when im doing normal driving and i had to do a bit of harsh braking at not even say 30 mph (lights turned red) . and it actually locked up and made a loud screeching noise to a stop and I felt the scraping noise (wheels skidding) followed by like a spring clicking noise? every one in the street started looking at me * embarrassed*

So I tried it again when I got to work car park, increase to 27mph and braked harder then normal and yes the wheels are locking up under harsh braking that usually wouldnt? Is this because my VSA/ABS is not working?

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Not being funny, but common sense would tell you to avoid hard braking and read the road well in advance if your braking system is compromised with a broken wheel sensor.

You cannot reasonably expect the car to behave normally under hard cornering/braking/accelerating under these circumstances. Drive a little slower until your sensor is replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i have been driving slower knowing my stopping distance has increased

i was just wondering whether if thats the effects of ABS not working, if so , WOW. didnt realise ABS played so much in part of everyday driving even at 25 mph plus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts