2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the car into a independant garage for the clutch change (Genuine Honda part may i add) and the ABS and VSA lights have come on...so taken another day off work today and it turns out its a OSF wheel speed sensor but garage is wanting me to go to dealer to see if it can be done under warranty... where the hell do i stand? i'm LIVID thats going to be 3 days holiday i've had to take now.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Unfortunately, you stand in Springfield until it's fixed mate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(sorry its still in warranty too) so even though i drove it into the independant garage without a problem other than the clutch and its came out with this problem..... i've still got to go to honda?

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Well if the independant garage can't fix it, which is what i assume they mean when they ask you to take it to the dealer.. then you don't have much choice?

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Having said that, if Springfield get wind of you taking it elsewhere, i doubt they'll be too keen to fix anything free of charge, covered under warranty or not.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Same thing happened to mine, i disconnected the wiring connection block that you can get to when you take the wheel off, runs along the chassis paralel with suspension leg, pushed it back together firmly and hey presto - no more disco lights, hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Go to Silverlink Springfield they're a helpful bunch and won't bat an eyelid, but BEWARE OF DURHAM SPRINGFIELD they're a load of 'tards, especially this grumpy old fart called Derrick Eldrett. Avoid him like the plague!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
if the independant garage didnt disconnect the wheel speed sensor wiring and stressed it while removing the driveshafts it is likely they damaged it. its rare for a wheel speed problem to arise in such a new car and more than coincidence the fault has appered after fitting the clutch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts