2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

For the past couple of years I've had my ABS pump replaced just before the MOT for the car to pass. After a couple of journeys the ABS/VSA warning light comes back on again. Any idea how I come get it fixed properly or do I just need to keep paying the garage to do this short term fix to pass the MOT? Is there a way to just permanently disable this warning?

I shorted pins 4 and 9 on the ODB which gave the warning "DTC Service PA50 DCT B1170". I was expecting to get the long and short pulses of the ABS light but didn't get the ABS light at all.

Any suggestions on what else I could try to find out what the issue is? I've got my MOT coming up again so need to get it sorted one-way or another.

·
Super Moderator
4,903 Posts
replaced with what?
one that works?
wouldn't it be better to get the fault fixed and avoid this each year?
can you be sure the ABS is actually going to work when you need it, bit late when you are in that ditch?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was replaced with a second hand part but the sellers confirmed they had tested it and it was working. Its been replaced twice with parts from different sellers so it makes it less likely that both parts were doggy.
The part number was: 57110-SMG-G010-M1

I would definitely rather get it fixed but I've heard that ABS can also increase your breaking distance in some some circumstances as well so I'm happy as long as it passes its MOT.

I've checked fuse number 4 in the cabin and number 3 under the bonnet I think these are the only 2 that relate to the ABS/VSA system. Both were ok are there any others I should double check?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi I finally managed to check all the fuses they were ok. After that my remote central locking stopped working. Although the remote unlocking works. Any idea what could cause this? Also the electric windows have stopped working as well.

The garage couldn't see a code ether they replaced the ABS pump and the warring lights disappeared. Unfortunately they came back after 3 to 5 short drives.

I've attached some picks of my fuses.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,903 Posts
did you have the battery disconnected for a long period?
sometimes the windows get upset and have to be reset after that, there is a window relearn procedure somewhere on here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After another drive the electric windows and remote locking started working again although the electric folding mirrors are acting a bit wonky. So I guess it just took a couple of drives for it to relearn what it had to it's self.

Unfortunately I still have the ABS/VAS warring issue :-(

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
For the vast majority of us, ABS will stop us skidding and potentially losing control of the car. All it needs is a good hard stamp and holding the wheel. The car does the rest for you.

The best drivers could potentially out brake ABS as they'll be able to stop without locking the wheels up. Although I don't know if a human can beat the newer breed of ABS/EBD etc. I believe not.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there any way to confirm the replacement ABS pump is the correct model for the car if I no longer have the original? 57110-SMG-G010-M1 is what I'm currently using.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems like it was the pump / module as there was no communication with it during the diagnosis. The garage has just recently replaced it again this time it came back with an ABS pressure sensor warming. I'm assuming this inside the pump/module as the garage says I need to find an other replacement hopefully one that's fully working this time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts