2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both my abs and vsa lights came on a while back.
guy from my missus work plugged car into his laptop and it brought up a code 15.1 which was right rear speed sensor.
purchased a copy sensor from ebay and fitted it today.
light went out as soon as i started the car but only drove about 30 yards and they have came back again.
anybody any ideas or will i have to bite the bullet and buy an original sensor from honda

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had this in the front right sensor on my 06 2.2. I changed the sensor and the light went out, but as soon as I moved off it came on again.

The old sensor was seised in as usual so I had to drill partially through it and pick out the remains. In doing this I had accidentally touched the pulse generator ring on the wheel bearing (which I was very careful not to do and I still did it).

So I'd solved one problem and created another.

A new wheel bearing sorted it.

I can't remember what kind of abs ring is on the back, but it might be a similar issue.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took car to a guy who used to be a mechanic for honda for 20 years.
he has a hds system and plugged the car in.
cleared all the faults and then took the car a drive with hds plugged in.
the fault that is coming up now is steering angle sensor.

i went to local garage and got wheel alignment done and tre pressures topped up and disconnected battery overnight but hasnt done any good as abs/vsa lights are still on.
anyone got any ideas

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
yup , i replaced abs sensor , it came back , eventually had to cop it and take it to honda who replaced the wheel bearing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts