2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for some help as always. I have done some searches but not found anything useful yet. But if you know of a solution please point me there.

Had a few days only of a strange deep noise coming from the windscreen vents with de-misting. Then today absolutely no noise or fans at all. Turned off and on. Tried varying the temperature and speed and vents but nothing at all.
Any ideas? Could it be a fuse? I literally have no ideas or where to start!

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided to bite the bullet and get it repaired. Only trouble now is getting the resistor pack out. Any how to's done, once again can't find anything but happily corrected if there is one. Thanks. Pete.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is I have no idea at all and looking at a wiring diagram probably wouldn't help me. Which is part of the problem. You are right, it might not be faulty but I couldn't see an alternative. Does anyone know how to gain access to it??

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I changed the fan resistor on mine, if I remember the resistor is on the driver side. If you look up at at the side of the centre console on drivers side you should be able to see it sticking out.Only 2 screws holding it in place. Defo not behind glove box.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up. Do I need to remove the centre console for this or can it be accessed in situ?? I'll have a look later once it's light!

I changed the fan resistor on mine, if I remember the resistor is on the driver side. If you look up at at the side of the centre console on drivers side you should be able to see it sticking out.Only 2 screws holding it in place. Defo not behind glove box.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anyone help me pinpoint the exact location of the resistor pack? I had a look today but couldn't decide which one I needed to remove. Any help or photos would be a massive help!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Look at the centre console from drivers side as far back as it goes upto under dash next to clutch pedal. You have got to get right under console and look up you will see the the black cap cover as in the picture that another member given you a link to.

Note thoe, my fan was great on top speed but at lower speed it was like had whirring noise when running so I think it was more the fan motor at fault!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look at the centre console from drivers side as far back as it goes upto under dash next to clutch pedal. You have got to get right under console and look up you will see the the black cap cover as in the picture that another member given you a link to.

Note thoe, my fan was great on top speed but at lower speed it was like had whirring noise when running so I think it was more the fan motor at fault!
Thanks burgerking1972 I found it and have removed it. It can be done without taking any panels off but you were right, it's tight getting the bottom screw out! But it's done. Just need a box and to post it and I might hopefully be warm. Will wait a few days before coming back and asking for more help if it fails!!!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hope I helped.
Hope you get it sorted.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Turns out resistor pack is totally fine with no faults! Checked all fuses and all fine! Finally decided to book into local dealer to have a full diagnostic done. Really hope it's not too expensive though. But the alternative is driving around blind and cold!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mine is doing the same thing. Changed the resistor and nothing. Have checked all fuses all good. Will be really good to hear what is wrong with yours. Sounds like a common fault. Please post what it is and how much it is costing to replace

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
My 2009 heater stops blowing air after half an hour. Fan is still whirring and trying to blow air but all outlet flaps seem to be closed. I can turn fan up to max and it makes the usual loud sound but no air coming out. There is heat in there if you touch the outlets. Next morning everything works fine (at present) but half an hour later - zilch. Is this the aforementioned resistor or some kind of flap control sensor? Local garage want to have it 'not working' so they can see the fault but that takes half an hour!

·
Registered
302 Posts
The same happens to mine after a longer trip with the ac on. On mine the low pressure piping from the ac freezes, causing some kind of blockage. Next time, look under your hood and look for frost/ice on the low pressure pipes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts