2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a problem with my 2001 Civic, the compressor does not grip when activated, and after some searching on the forum, I saw a lot with relays stopping working, so I went out and tested that. Sadly the relay is fine, and I can measure it both getting the expected voltage, and I can measure it also working fine, so sadly it was not that easy to fix.

While turning the AC on and off, I hear absolutely nothing from the compressor, but I am not sure either if you would be able to hear it trying to grip the wheel or not.

Does anyone here have some experience with this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I found the problem...

When measuring all the way down at the connector going into the compressor, there is no resistance, just open circuit. So either the wire is broken, or the coil inside is. bah, I had hoped for an easy fix, replacing the relay would have been a 10 second job. :(

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Looks like I found the problem...

When measuring all the way down at the connector going into the compressor, there is no resistance, just open circuit. So either the wire is broken, or the coil inside is. bah, I had hoped for an easy fix, replacing the relay would have been a 10 second job. :(
Did you get a fix for this? I replaced the relay then did the clutch shim and found the clutch would engage it I ran an earth from pin 4 (I think) to the chassis. But then I found that it all seemed to be working except no cold air.
Car had a full vacuum and new gas fill about a year or so ago so I'm now thinking the problem is maybe the compressor?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts