2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has changed their AC compressor for the fn2 type R. Mines knackered and I've got a second hand one on the way. I can only find American guides on how to do it which is to take the alternator out to get access to the top bolts of the compressor but to me the FN has less space so looks a bit tight. So, wondering if there's an 'easier' method or if this is the correct way of doing it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bit of a noob question here.

When replacing an AC compressor I know you're supposed to add oil to it. But, I was wondering if I could get away with just putting it together and taking it to ats Euromaster with the relay pulled and then get them to refill it. Save me a few quids and time as I don't have any oil. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Would you trust them to bother putting oil in it even if you ask for it. A bottle of PAG oil is only a few quid and by putting it in yourself you'll know its been done. Besides, when refitting the compressor you should replace any O-rings on the connections and lube them up with the same oil.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you trust them to bother putting oil in it even if you ask for it. A bottle of PAG oil is only a few quid and by putting it in yourself you'll know its been done. Besides, when refitting the compressor you should replace any O-rings on the connections and lube them up with the same oil.
A fair point. I did ring and ask them if it was possible and the guy I spoke too said it was, but didn't seem like he knew himself. Can I ask where to get pag oil? I can't find much sp-10 which is why I thought I would just get them to do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I got my AC recharged the guy(My Neighbour) set up the machine to add "X" refrigerant and "X" amount of Oil.
That's what I was thinking. I know they add oil when it is being refilled but I wasn't sure if it would be the same as actually adding it straight to the compressor. I'm struggling to find the oil, none of my local car parts stores have it so may have to order it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts