2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I drove down to Heathrow 2 weeks back and during the 4 hour drive I noticed that my AC / Heater stopped blowing through any the centre and floor vents even though I had it set to do so.

The strange thing is when I stopped for fuel, turned the car off and started again it worked, but only for a short period of time! I could also hear a change in tone of the fan, like something was blocking it?

Has anyone else had similar problems?

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Hi guys,

I drove down to Heathrow 2 weeks back and during the 4 hour drive I noticed that my AC / Heater stopped blowing through any the centre and floor vents even though I had it set to do so.

The strange thing is when I stopped for fuel, turned the car off and started again it worked, but only for a short period of time! I could also hear a change in tone of the fan, like something was blocking it?

Has anyone else had similar problems?
Could it be that the inside of the car had reached the temperature that you had set so the fan slowed down and only came out some vents?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it be that the inside of the car had reached the temperature that you had set so the fan slowed down and only came out some vents?
It was so hot inside the car and I had the temperature set to low so thought it would just keep blowing away at full power.... I'm sure I saw some thread where someone had problems with the heaters after getting gauges fitted but I cant remember what to search for now.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Don't want to sound stupid lol but your not just close to running out of AC gas are you?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
That wouldn't stop the fans from working would it?
Ah good point however if your low on gas so your kinda blowing hot air the fans would slow down as it would be making the car hotter?
This is probably way off the mark tho lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts