2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I don't post a lot on here and I only reacquaint myself with this forum when I get issues with the car - sorry.

That said, I wanted to post this to share my difficulties with the Aircon and how it got fixed, the reason being I didn't see the specific issue in the main AC discussions. But they were really useful in pointing me in the right direction.

First issue - no aircon over the colder months, didn't mind so much then but needed to do something to deal with the recent heat. Turns out a replacement of the relay (documented in the forums and Wiki) corrected the issue with the aircon not kicking in.

After that was sorted, there wasn't a woosh of cold air when set on the colder temperatures which made me look into a regas - I bought a DIY one, but it didn't improve matters.

I wondered if there was some kind of leak but after days of looking the AC pipes were still chilly so ruled that out.

Looked on the Wiki and found the diagnostic test (88) that you could perform to highlight any issues - it did, "An open in the outside air temperature sensor circuit". But for it to have that issue it would be misreporting the temperature and the cabin display of the external temperature looked ok.

But it did get me thinking about the path air gets into the cabin, which led me to the pollen filter.

Just replaced it and Woosh! cool air - shame the weather has turned to crap!

Anyway just wanted to share, thanks for all the help - pay it forward.

Mark

p.s. I always assumed the service looked after pollen filters....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Must of been proper grubby then? Mines not clean by any stretch of the imagination but it still lets through the ice-cold air.

Having said that, I think I should replace it after having got the system working again and not knowing how long it wasn't working for prior to me owning it.

I wonder if it could be contributing to my current fan issue?

hmmmmmmmm.......

·
Registered
437 Posts
Must of been proper grubby then? Mines not clean by any stretch of the imagination but it still lets through the ice-cold air.

Having said that, I think I should replace it after having got the system working again and not knowing how long it wasn't working for prior to me owning it.

I wonder if it could be contributing to my current fan issue?

hmmmmmmmm.......
You've most probdbly seen it but might help someone else out .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts