2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 2.2 CTDI and early this year I had a minor front end accident. As part of the repair the garage had to change the ac condenser. Everything was fine for a while then I started to get a vibration after I switched on the ac and when I switch it off the vibration immediately stopped. I took it back to the repair garage who said they could not find anything wrong but it still did it occasionally. I then booked it in to my local Honda garage who had a look and found that the ac pipe work at the back of the engine on the left was not how it should be and thought the noise might be the ac pipes vibrating against the air filter box. They said they checked the bearings and belts on the ac motor and they were fine. After a week or two since the garage looked at the car there has been no noise when the ac has been on but today it's started again almost every time I use the ac. While it was making the noise today I lifted the bonnet and had a quick look at the pipes they showed me but they did not seem to be rubbing against the air filter and to be honest when the vibration occurs it feels like it's coming from behind the pedals on the right rather than on the left side of the car. Any suggestions would be welcome on what I might do next and just to confirm apart from the noise the ac seems to work fine and I have not noticed any leaks. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those that may be interested the problem with my ac was that it was gas was only 25% . After it was refilled the noise stopped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts