2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have had my 59 plate civic for about 3 years now. When i first got it the AC wasn't working properly. First resort was to take it to kwikfit for a regas. That didnt work so I did some googling and found out about the relay so I replaced that and all was well.

Problems first occurred at the start of 2015. If the car was stationary for more than 10 minutes or so then the AC would cut out. You would have to turn it off and wait (sometimes 10 min, sometimes an hour), turn it on and hope it worked.

This got worse and worse over time and eventually in the summer the AC would cut out when driving. Took it to my local (I think reliable) garage who said it could be the compressor or an electrical fault which would be hard to find. Before they could do any further diagnostics they would do a full AC service including a check for any leaks. It was during this that they found the system was over filled, and had been since KwikFit had done it over 2 years ago. The upshot was that when the AC was restored to its normal level it was working again.

Today, being the first really hot day of the year it cut out again though. Not really sure what to do next. If it is the clutch I could possibly stretch to £250 but I couldn't afford the cost of a full compressor.

Any ideas what my next step should be?

Cheers,
Chris

·
more torque than the mrs
6,623 Posts
I was told my a/c clutch was gone by honda they want almost £500 to sort it, yeah right, I bought a complete used unit off ebay for £90 last week,just got to get it fitted and gassed...
[img]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=205825&stc=1&d=1462646297[/img]

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,934 Posts
Check for forum for info on replacing the AC clutch. This'll be much cheaper than a complete compressor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts