2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem is that the AC doesn't turn on when i want it to. Sometimes i'm driving on a hot day and the AC is working just fine, but suddenly it just cuts off and after a while (or not) it turns back on. Other times i have the AC turned and and it isn't blowing cold until suddenly it might for a while before dying off again.
This started last summer and it seemed then that the problem was then in the AC relay located in the fuse box, because after changing that AC seemed to work fine. Start of this summer if was working and over time got worse and worse (working less and less of the time)
I have checked the system for leaks witch there are none. I changed the refrigerant and serviced the system with a bosch AC servicer.

When i press the AC button for it to turn on the relay does click and the fans start spinning but i don't hear a click from the compressor clutch.

I'm asking if anyone on this forum has experienced the same or knows that the problem is and how to fix it?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
My advice would be have the system fully checked over including electronics and for that its a trip to the main dealer l would suggest

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i was just trying to get the AC to work. First i tried to jump the pressure sensors wires to maybe get the compressor clutch to engage, but that didn't work and the engine kept turning off every time i pressed the AC button inside. What finally got the AC working again (It hasn't been working at all for a few weeks) was that i disconnected and plugged in the electrical wire that is going down to the compressor while the engine war running and AC turned on. It has been working flawless ever since but i'm keeping an eye on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts