2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stuned to see the speedo of my 1.4 making 40 in first gear, 70 in second gear and 110 in third gear without even reachting the red zone, how about u guys with a 1.8? :shock:

hmm thats in km, u do the maths for miles

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I don't see the problem, really... short gears = good :D
Btw, you should try to change gears just before rev limiter.... :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
at the mo im changing at 2000 revs on my 1.4 and getting brilliant economy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was stuned to see the speedo of my 1.4 making 40 in first gear, 70 in second gear and 110 in third gear without even reachting the red zone, how about u guys with a 1.8? :shock:

hmm thats in km, u do the maths for miles
took mine for a run down the local dual carriageway to test how fast it would go.. not sure about 1st to 3rd gears but i was doing 124mph in 4th before a stupid roundabout made me slow down...

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Doody's comments referred to speeds in kmph, so quoting 110 kmph would mean that he wasn't breaking the speed limit, for example, on a European motorway.

Not sure on which dual carriageway, or at what time, you were doing 124 mph CivicNoob, but it strikes me as being somewhat irresponsible to say "before a stupid roundabout slowed me down". So is that to say you would have gone even faster otherwise?

Everyone should enjoy their Civic but that's going a bit far I think.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I didn't want to say it, but I must agree. Boasting about doing 124mph is not clever.

If you must drive at those kinds of speeds, you can take your car to a track, which I plan on doing at some point. Can't decide between Nurburgring in Germany, or Brands Hatch 15 minutes away....

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I didn't want to say it, but I must agree. Boasting about doing 124mph is not clever.

If you must drive at those kinds of speeds, you can take your car to a track, which I plan on doing at some point. Can't decide between Nurburgring in Germany, or Brands Hatch 15 minutes away....
mmmm, Nurburgring....
The only thing is though; I'm not 100% convinced that my driving skills would manage that kind of speed on a track, I think I'd take a corner a bit too fast and that'd be the end of my Civic and possibly even me!

I would quite like to take a trip on the Autobahn though.

And 124mph on a motorway would be bad, but on a dual carraige way with things like roundabouts is just stupid!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Next person who boasts about doing dangerous speeds on a UK road will get a warning. Not only is it silly doing the speed, it spoils the feel of the site.

·
Registered
975 Posts
yer it really isnt sensible, i mean most people do speed a little but thats excessive twice the limit, and it isnt something to boast aboutl, whenever i go to fast it always makes me feel a bit guilty.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I always feel sorry for the innocent bystanders that get caught up in the accidents that are often the result of excessive speed and dangerous driving. The innocent motorist/police/paramedics who have to face the result and inform relatives of the injured.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'd just like to apologise for offending people with my post about speeding. the local dual carriageway i spoke off isn't completely built yet so no-one else was around. maybe i should have mentioned it in the previous post.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
i'd just like to apologise for offending people with my post about speeding. the local dual carriageway i spoke off isn't completely built yet so no-one else was around. maybe i should have mentioned it in the previous post.
That's okay - just wanted to try and curtail too much speeding talk on here, lest it become one of those dull boy racer forums ;)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
That's okay - just wanted to try and curtail too much speeding talk on here, lest it become one of those dull boy racer forums ;)
ladz; just got my under car neons fitted, theys da bomb!!!! But the pigs stopped me coz I was hittin 140mph in mi hood, what zat about?

/hides

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
ladz; just got my under car neons fitted, theys da bomb!!!! But the pigs stopped me coz I was hittin 140mph in mi hood, what zat about?

/hides
Gavin, would you mind translating the above, in case I can be of any help

:D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts