2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

After having to put yet another 6ltrs of washer fluid in the tank (despite using hardly any) I finally noticed a leak coming from the front near-side bumper, so I can only guess that it is either a faulty washer mechanism, split or loose pipe.

I put it up on a set of ramps earlier thinking I would be able to have a look, and was somewhat surprised to be met by a large plastic cover. I'm not the most technical of peope, so wondered whether I should be worried about attempting to take the bumper off?

Or whether anybody has any suggestions to make the detection / resolution of the issue any easier?

Cheers,
Tom

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Sounds to me like the connection onto the jet just behind the bumper could be loose.

If you have a warranty get Honda to have a look, if not there should be a load of guides on how to remove the bumper and you can have a look yourself.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Going to be a bumper off job fella. Not hard and there's a few guides in the How-To section that cover it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately it's well out of warranty, and I'm not a fan of my local dealer, so certainly won't be heading there.

Will check out the how-to's at some point, pity the weather is looking so pants for tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I had ths the other day on my cts, could not understand, fortunately the hose had come apart near the bottle with the tube that runs alongside the wing. Very easy fix in the end.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the plunge (almost literally as the heavy rain started) and took the bumper off thanks to this how-to.

Looks like a previous owner had an issue, as the pipe near the near-side headlight was split with a metal inner pipe and two jubilee clips. Took those apart, cleaned up, put back together and hopefully it's sorted. Will have to wait for the rain to stop before I can really tell if it's work properly.

Also discovered that one of the two screws on the off-side part of the lower section is missing, not sure if I can get hold of any spare easily? Ah well, at least I know what I'm doing when it comes to removing the bumper now :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts