2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a 2015 Civic EX and I have what sounds like a well known problem. When driving and on a handsfree call the party not in the car hears very poor a choppy sound. From what I've read the best answer is to insulate around the condenser mic to resolve noise and the ANC issues. I've learned how to remove the dome light lenses, but how do I access the condenser microphone in the space between them, in the ceiling? Instructions or a link to a video to show how this is done would be great. I don't want to destroy plastic parts.
Many thanks,
Jim Woodward

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,718 Posts
This used to be a problem in the early 8G Civic's but I thought they'd fixed it long ago?

See if you can find the post by RickHondaR about wiring in his dashcam because that has pictures showing how to remove the roof unit.
Assuming it's similar to the US model.

Reactions: labdog48

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was great advice. I found the pictures you mentioned in the former post and that did the trick. Removing the two light lense covers and then the two screws, one next to each of the light bulbs and the entire unit was accessible. I was having noise canceling issues while driving, due to noise between the metal roof and the microphone. Honda needs to insulate/soundproof this area. I used dense gray packing foam and soundproofed around and above the condenser mic. This should be all the fix that is needed. No new mic required and no cutting or drilling. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,718 Posts
No problem, thank Rick for stripping his apart.

This was a problem with the pre MY09 Civics that had the booming noise from the airgap you mention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts