2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Honda genuine accessory bluetooth kit installed in their Civic?

I had mine installed today and as it was a first time install for the dealer, it doesn't appear to be installed as well as it could be?

Can someone compare their installation with my one?

1) the display unit is not centered with the hazard warning button.

2)the microphone needs to be stuck somewhere. What is the proper position?

3)does the microphone cable come out of the shroud like in the photo? Looks untidy.

The unit works fine, provides just as much functionality as the factory inbuilt bluetooth. It is definitely better than the old style A pillar mounted model.

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
If I was you, I'd march back there and demand they fit it properly! That's appalling!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The display unit has to stay in that uncentered location as its stuck on and the cable exit hole is already drilled. Not too concerned about that. However I want to get the microphone fixed. If anyone has the same kit and can post a high quality photo of the microphone fitment that would be appreciated. I can then get the dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer also fitted headlight/bonnet protectors and the illuminated door sill plates. Fortunately, those were done properly.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. It looks great and it does help to protect the door sill. The install was done by the local Honda dealer as part of the new car purchase (package) so I don't know the actual cost of it. It is a genuine Honda accessory. There are two versions, lit and unlit. Only the front ones are lit up. The blue is actually the darker LED style blue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts