2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,738 Posts
If I was to get another it would be the V6 as I have done the 2.0, only thing annoying was the gauge for the mpg you was doing, it was analog, I stuck tape over it as I was trying to keep it in the 30’s lol. But the coupe has got a few gremlins concerning the electrics. I think they are a very good looking car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Yes that’s fairly sensible,I e been like that until I bought the civic 2.2 for 10k got a 3 year warranty luckily as the clutch went about 3 months after I bought it at 30k miles.
On another note from above cheque from HastingsDirect arrived today for £2278.50’and says basically salvage place payment will follow,so they said salvage value was £530 which to me adds up to more than £2,450,so either they lied about salvage value or a mistake has been made as I was clearly told it would be £1,900 and odd with salvage making up the value to £2,450.
Looks like I’ve been lied to or it could have been an honest mistake,salvage value looks like it’s going to be £172 to make that amount above £2,278 upto £2,450.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Still no sign of an explanation on how I’d been told the salvage value was £530,and no sign of a cheque for the actual amount being sent to me either.
I’ve had the dreaded Covid luckily double jabbed hate to have had it without.
Enterprise we’re told of this the day the PCR test came back 13th and told them I’d wiped it down and they could collect it anytime,he said it would be left two days and then collected Friday,the next days four different people ring from Enterprise asking when they can have it back,ridiculous.
Then Friday another call asking for it back as i can’t use it,she says it was due back Saturday 19th anyway,it was due back Tuesday the 19th.Another error on their behalf.
Then I’m told leave the key on the front tyre we’re collecting Saturday morning 10am,at 1.30i rang them of they’re just on the way,
Fast forward to Monday 18th HastingsDirect call me,someone will call me to sort out what’s happening,I’ve also booked you another hire vehicle with Enterprise to start Saturday morning 23rd.
Two minutes after ending that call I get an email from Enterprise saying we’ve been asked to book you a vehicle starting 18th for 7 days.
Seems like these people can’t get anything right,

81 - 86 of 86 Posts