2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, just finished 'cleaning' my car..

I used warm water to get rid of the dirt and grit, then used turtle shampoo? and a microfibre cloth, then a shammy to dry it and err.. I've got these marks on just the front of my car..

There are also other pics of the car :) - It was my first time cleaning a car btw.. don't be hyper critical please :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
He means the streaks ;)

It could be residue, have you tried going over it again with QD and a plush towel ?

How old/hard was the cloth you used, Civic paint is very soft and can be marred quite easily

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the little white marks I'm on about :(
They look like the paint is flaking away but it's a bit bumpy when I run my finger over it.. Part of it scratches away. I've not used any polish.

What's QD? The cloth is new and very soft. I went over the car like you would when bulling your boots.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
He means the streaks ;)

It could be residue, have you tried going over it again with QD and a plush towel ?

How old/hard was the cloth you used, Civic paint is very soft and can be marred quite easily
more then likely your chamois leather as this can cause streaking and marring, ditch it and buy a nice drying towel

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've taken it through a carwash once and the marks weren't there afterwards. But it is my first handwash.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
I've taken it through a carwash once and the marks weren't there afterwards. But it is my first handwash.
rewash it again and see if the marks are still there or not, even so a quick polish will remove the marks no bother

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's chips... I'll be going back to the dealership

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
It's chips... I'll be going back to the dealership

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
chips hidden under the dirt im afraid which you now have revealed the base coat in all its glory. see if your dealer will do anything about it, but i'm not hopeful for ya

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Civic paint is as soft as butter hopefully they agree to respray it.

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Taking it to the dealship on Tuesday - They said if it's a fault with the paint (Which there are bubbles on the bonnet) they'll do it for free, otherwise the valet will 'advise me'.
What do you mean by wrap it?
Would it be worth me getting it resprayed and having the car colour coded at the same time too? Also, any ideas on spraying my oem alloys?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Taking it to the dealship on Tuesday - They said if it's a fault with the paint (Which there are bubbles on the bonnet) they'll do it for free, otherwise the valet will 'advise me'.
What do you mean by wrap it?
Would it be worth me getting it resprayed and having the car colour coded at the same time too? Also, any ideas on spraying my oem alloys?

+1 for the colour coding mate will make the differnce to your motor.

Vinyle wrap mate in carbon or any colour that you like to save the paint

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bit pricey.. but does look nice! I shall look into that over the next few days :)

Any idea how much I'd be looking at to colour code it?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Bit pricey.. but does look nice! I shall look into that over the next few days :)

Any idea how much I'd be looking at to colour code it?
It really does vary from region to region and bodyshop to bodyshop.

Any good bodyshop should be able to give you a quote but I'll guess it'll anywhere between a couple of hundred to 500.

I'll say ring around a few, also consider starting a separate thread in the styling section to ask if anyone local to you has had it done or can recommend a good bodyshop in your area.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.