2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a little confused because people are telling me different things with regards to removing the stereo unit.

Some say it's bolted in and that the entire dash has to be removed and others say that you can remove it by slipping some strip keys into the sides.

I have the issue where I saw the error code (EEE) which usually means that the CD changer has been disconnected. (My car has the changer in the boot and its connection back there is ok).

So, I thought maybe I should remove the stereo and check the connection on the back.

If anyone can give me any sound info on if it's possible or not without removing dash that would be great!

thanks.

Sly

·
Registered
39 Posts

I owned a 99 accord. I changed the stereo unit. I had to remove the cover that covers the instruments to get to the screws that holds the player in place. The connector that sits behind the player can not be used against standard iso connectors, you need an adapter or extension pieces to splice the wires. I got the schematics from the dealer showing the polarity of the speakers (if you choose not to use an external amplifier), signal cables and the control signal for the antenna motor. In the trunk under the window you'll find the amplifier for the bose subwoofer, you can use the signal cables running to it as rca cables if you choose to mount an own amplifier (but the best is of course to mount new cables as the stock cables are of rather poor quality). If you have some knowledge of electronics you'll do just fine. :D

The cover that you need to remove will pop rigt out if you use a bit force, be careful so you don't break the clips.

This link will show the dash stripped. You'll see the clip holes here.

http://www.bildelsbasen.se/?index=default&link=item&searchmode=1&post_id=13202772

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there about your head unit

Hi all,

I'm a little confused because people are telling me different things with regards to removing the stereo unit.

Some say it's bolted in and that the entire dash has to be removed and others say that you can remove it by slipping some strip keys into the sides.

I have the issue where I saw the error code (EEE) which usually means that the CD changer has been disconnected. (My car has the changer in the boot and its connection back there is ok).

So, I thought maybe I should remove the stereo and check the connection on the back.

If anyone can give me any sound info on if it's possible or not without removing dash that would be great!

thanks.

Sly
i had the query then i found out that they where bolted in with four bolts but you don't have to take all the dash out you can take the glove box out and the panel under the steering columand get to the bolts as for wiring go to halfords for iso lead like ifoud out you could

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I had a 2000 Accord,I was told by a guy from Halford that I needed to get at it from under the unit,eg the centre console,the bit by gear stick etc,it sounded hard to do,but I managed it really easily.
If no luck,ask advise at your local I.C.E. fitting place or try looking on Google.
Hope that helps. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts