2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Get a 1.8 manual as it'll likely be better on fuel and not cost so much if it goes wrong.

It's all the car you'll need but maybe not want. The mk9 is probably nicer than a mk8 on day to day usage as it's just a tad more modern although overall similar underpinning.

I can't really fault mine for all round usability and costs. It's even very DIY friendly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, looks like I'm a big liar. I'm back on the hunt for an FN2...

The backstory is I test drove another FN2 today (to make sure the first one I ever test drove some time ago, wasn't an anomaly in terms of ride quality).

I'm happy to say that the one I test drove today, was a million times better than the first one I test drove. The first one I test drove (last year I think), was bouncing up and down on a smooth motorway. I knew the ride was tough, but it makes more sense that example had some blown shocks I reckon.

Today's example was firm but composed and quite frankly an absolute joy to drive! It was superb even driving on local roads in 4th and 5th gear, which I appreciate hugely. This one had a Pipercross induction kit fitted and sounded pretty special, perhaps a bit loud for my taste but I got the idea very quickly. On the motorway, it wasn't bouncy at all. It flowed quite nicely with the undulations on the motorway.

Getting in and out is a bit challenging, but manageable. It's the climbing over the bolster on the way in and ducking under the sloping roof line, would be great if I could lower it a few inches (Although I believe the fuel tank is under the drivers seat?). Anyhow, I'm sure my portly frame is more to blame than the car haha

Damn, the allure of the Honda and the orchestral sound of the VTEC always entices me back in. Hopefully, I can find a nice one soon. Looking for a decent one in Black, Silver or possibly White if the budget allows. I, of course need to sell my mpg destroying V8 first.

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
323 Posts
Sounds like it's got under your skin haha, I'm glad you got to try a better example. I'm sure it won't be long before we see a new thread complete with photos and your good news of a new purchase!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sounds like it's got under your skin haha, I'm glad you got to try a better example. I'm sure it won't be long before we see a new thread complete with photos and your good news of a new purchase!
Haha possibly, that VTEC is infectious! In all seriousness, the first one I drove last year made me second guess Honda. I knew that it would be odd for them to put out a car with suspension that bad, then for it to be praised (mostly) by so many people.

Thanks, I will put up a thread eventually. Just need to get my Lexus sold first ideally, but if I do see a perfect one beforehand I might just bite.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts