2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2002 (on 51 plate) Accord Exec saloon with the Honda Nav System built in to the dash.

I want to upgrade the screen unit to a touch sensitive system or a system that will allow post code entries (hopefully with blue tooth for phone as well). I have the Bose stereo (CD) and quite like the sound so do not want to lose that.

Is there a Nav System/CD/DVD player/ blue tooth system that I can fit into the existing position and hook up to the existing stereo? Does Honda produce a more upto date unit that will fit?

Many thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - not what I really wanted to do but it looks like I have no choice.

Does anyone know of a unit that will fit into the existing sat nav display without modifications to the structure/surround/fascia??

·
Registered
50 Posts
You will need to get hold of a metra dash adaptor from the states, you wont be able to utilise the bose in your car, wich isnt all that great a unit anyway, bang in a pioneer touchscreen and you are laughing, quite a bit of wiring will be involved, look on the american tsx forums, many people have done this mod over there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks wassap. Have had a look at the various tsx forums, couldn't find much. Although there is plenty of equipment around it seems that I will have to make a bespoke fascia (sat nav display located below vents) and am not sure if the mount is 2 DIN, so might stay with the Honda system although the cost of updates is a rip off and the system is slow to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts