2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question: is it possible to get the speed displayed on the Satnav of the 2009 Accord? A had a fairly quick rummage through the Satnave menus and options last Saturday but didn't see any reference to displaying mph.

Regards,
Chris

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
If it's the same as the Civic then no.

It does monitor it and it is available in the diagnostics menu.

I reckon they are embarrassed about the accuracy of the speedo to openly show the difference.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
But - you can't overlay the speed over the Map screen (ala TomTom) as far as I know.

It's one or the other

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers chaps... All I want is to understand the difference between Accord speed and true speed so this will be fine.

I now have the Accord and I'm very pleased with it. Will post a quick write up of what I think when I've done a few miles (all very positive thoughts so far!).

Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a GPS v Accord speed check today and found the Accord to be surprisingly close to the true GPS speed. Found a difference of ~1.6 mph at 30, <2mph at 40 and ~2 mph at 60 with the Accord overreading in each instance.

Much better than I expected and reasuring really, now I don't have to convince everyone in the car that I'm only doing 30 when the speedo reads 34 (not that anyone else can see the Accord speedo easily)!

Regards,
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts