2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying an accord from honda dealer,both the driver and front passenger leather seats have extensive deep scratches in them apparently caused by the seat belt.Is there any way they can repair them ?.As the sales person doesnt seem to want to give me an answer.Its an 07 EX with 65k at £8,500 which also seems high ?.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
That does sound a bit pricey to be honest mate. Bought my 57 plate Sport GT 3 years ago for £10500 from a dealer with 29000 on the clock in mint condition with Storm Alloys. I would shop around. Been a cracking car though, wife uses it now as I've racked the miles up using it for work and we've got two kids.
Not sure on the repair side. Would prob be cheaper to buy some seats from a salvage EX.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,Yes honda site also have an identical car,silver EX 2.2 07 61k at Wolverhampton and its a grand less too far away though 2 hours,to go and look and find its still not the one.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Will be driving through Wolves on Monday. If you're still interested in it, I don't mind popping in and giving it a once over. Much more realistic price. Should be able to get them to £7250 or even a few free upgrades. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for that Gaz.yes really interested in it.The local one has 3 kerbed alloys and marked seats as above.Fairly over priced as well I think.Thought I'd read somewhere they match prices,but not sure.Can't see how it would be worth £1000 more.If you look on Honda uk and search diesels the other is Gilder Rotherham.Do you know if it can be taken into any Honda dealer if a problem occurs,or does it have to go back to them ?.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Sure the warranty states that any VAT registered garage can carry out the work and they pick up the invoice. Had mine from Honda Holdcroft and that was the case there. Had mine serviced at Brindley. Bought my Civic from a Suzuki garage and their 12 month warranty is a take it anywhere jobby.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again Gaz,I may bell them and inquire about it,may be able to sort something on the phone,seems a few others have done it this way.I just like to see what condition it's in first.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Held off ringing them until you pop in if you can Gaz.Thanks,hope it's ok then will try to visit Wednesday after calling today/tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts