2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone driven the new Accord type S? What were your impressions of performance/refinement/ride/handling?

·
Banned
952 Posts
seen it in the flesh via the showroom if i wanted a car that size it would be the 1 it so much more suited to cw white than the type r not as pretentious...??? inside its as good as any german saloon but at £23k discounted from £26k its a bargain:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a Type S tourer on the road the other day in the red and it looked very nice. Ive already sat in an ES saloon and was impreseed with the comfort, solidty and quality feeling of the interior.
Im also intrigued as to what the 2.2 d feels like fettled to 180 bhp

·
Registered
192 Posts
seen it in the flesh via the showroom if i wanted a car that size it would be the 1 it so much more suited to cw white than the type r not as pretentious...??? inside its as good as any german saloon but at £23k discounted from £26k its a bargain:cool:
you sure ?, salesman said all models except the type s were discounted by 3k

even at 23k it was still out of my budget tbh, I'll struggle on with my 2.4

p.s. if internal size is important stick to a Civic, the new Accords are bizarrely small inside. If you go for an EX model with electric front seats be prepared for some uncomfortable rear passengers and the boot space in the tourer and saloon are pretty pants. My FN2 seems like a TARDIS in comparison

·
Registered
95 Posts
Accord Type S = AWESOM!

Best engine Honda makes after the Type R in my opinion.

Great refinement and acceleration and the 18" wheels give the ride no problem at all - I reckon its actually the best handling new Accord yet.

I averaged 47mpg in the time I had it and I wasn't hanging about.

Great car, would have one in a second..

o :)

·
Banned
952 Posts
you sure ?, salesman said all models except the type s were discounted by 3k

even at 23k it was still out of my budget tbh, I'll struggle on with my 2.4

p.s. if internal size is important stick to a Civic, the new Accords are bizarrely small inside. If you go for an EX model with electric front seats be prepared for some uncomfortable rear passengers and the boot space in the tourer and saloon are pretty pants. My FN2 seems like a TARDIS in comparison
parks of hamilton have one in the showroom with the discount lovely big car in cw.it seems just a bit more honda like than the civic but its in a different class of car i suppose:confused:

·
Banned
952 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I would have posted I would always take a hatchback over a saloon but I've just changed my mind.Looking at that Type S,got to be a test drive spring next year(2.4 auto also sounds a very interesting proposition-maybe get a good deal on that particular model ?)

·
Registered
192 Posts
parks of hamilton have one in the showroom with the discount lovely big car in cw.it seems just a bit more honda like than the civic but its in a different class of car i suppose:confused:
bunch of .............., it was them who told me no discount on the Type S as well as my resultant supplying dealer

guess HUK are struggling to shift them just as much as the other Accords, tbh I nearly fell over when I saw the list price beginning at £26k, it might be the most powerful diesel Accord but you could get a 3 series M Sport or Lexus for that kinda dosh, which in my opinion negates the Hondas USP of better value for money in that sector.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would have posted I would always take a hatchback over a saloon but I've just changed my mind.Looking at that Type S,got to be a test drive spring next year(2.4 auto also sounds a very interesting proposition-maybe get a good deal on that particular model ?)
There are indeed plenty of good deals on the 2.4 auto, my dealer has a few in for little more than £22k but the auto option was definately not for me, and I prefer my twin exhausts and recently upgraded 18" more than that Type S :)

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
There are indeed plenty of good deals on the 2.4 auto, my dealer has a few in for little more than £22k but the auto option was definately not for me, and I prefer my twin exhausts and recently upgraded 18" more than that Type S :)

That car definitley looks the business.Is it black or a very dark blue?Does the auto feel lazy? Cheers!

·
Registered
192 Posts
That car definitley looks the business.Is it black or a very dark blue?Does the auto feel lazy? Cheers!
Crystal Black Metallic, never drove the auto, but read plenty of reviews stating the performance trade off, and coming from a Type R, I was already worried about the comparitive performance drop.

Apologies to OP for going off topic and blatantly pimping my new ride [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I nearly fell over when I saw the list price beginning at £26k, it might be the most powerful diesel Accord but you could get a 3 series M Sport or Lexus for that kinda dosh,

On the BMW configurator, a 320d M sport saloon (177 bhp) with the same equipment as the Accord costs £33,470.

The 316d ES with a sadly-not-a-misprint 116 bhp, again specced up to Accord Type S standard, will cost you £30,315.

A booted Mondeo 2.2 (177 bhp) Titanium X will cost you £29,170.

The rattly Lexus IS 220d SE-L is better value than the BMW and Ford at £27,560

A 2.0d (160 PS) Vauxhall Insignia with the options and "styling pack" (to make it like the Type S) is £27,165.

The Accord Type S (OTR) is £26,920.

Looks pretty good value to me. Or have I missed something?

·
Registered
881 Posts
On the BMW configurator, a 320d M sport saloon (177 bhp) with the same equipment as the Accord costs £33,470.

The 316d ES with a sadly-not-a-misprint 116 bhp, again specced up to Accord Type S standard, will cost you £30,315.

A booted Mondeo 2.2 (177 bhp) Titanium X will cost you £29,170.

The rattly Lexus IS 220d SE-L is better value than the BMW and Ford at £27,560

A 2.0d (160 PS) Vauxhall Insignia with the options and "styling pack" (to make it like the Type S) is £27,165.

The Accord Type S (OTR) is £26,920.

Looks pretty good value to me. Or have I missed something?
I was going to say I thought £26k for an equivalent BMW was way off the mark. My 2006 318i M Sport with solid paint, 19" wheels, privacy glass and bluetooth was £25,000 and that

1 - 20 of 33 Posts