2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Honda Fanatic ! ! ! !
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys haven't been on here for ages and ages and ages :facepalm:

what originally started out as me putting down a deposit for an 8th gen civic type S GT but ended up buying this... now 3 years on this is how shes at at the moment .... still needs allot of more work :popcorn:

Specs so far

Engine/Exhaust mods:

Full custom Exhaust from manifold to rear
Integra DC5 Type R Gearbox with LSD
06 Acura TSX Cams
06 Acura TSX Exhaust Header
06 TSX Intake Manifold
06 TSX Head
Hondata K-Pro
TSX ECU
AEM Short Ram Induction Kit with Long Arm Filter

Suspension/Chassis mods:

MeisterR Zeta R Coilovers
Eibach/SPC Rear Camber Arms
Skunk 2 Pro hellaflush front camber arms
Cusco lower tie brace and fender brace
cusco tri-beam trunk brace
M&M front strut Bar

Wheels:

18″ Work VS-MX 3 Piece Rims (Front) 8.5J/ET35 (Rear) 10J/ET35

Interior:

Skunk2 Anniversary Gearknob
FN2 Steering Wheel

what do you all think? :p

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Nice! Like it alot, been thinking about one of these as a replacement for the FN2....really liking them at the moment & yours looks quality.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had an Accord type S for 6 years, it was black with aftermarket wheels black rear tints and boot spoiler. Have to say it was a great car but i respected it rather than loved it, changed it for a Civic type R which i do love.

But i have to say yours looks absolutely fantastic, and i didnt know you could mod it that much. As some one has said rear camber a bit dramatic and why no boot spoiler.

Certainly worth all the effort and great colour to.

·
Honda Fanatic ! ! ! !
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had an Accord type S for 6 years, it was black with aftermarket wheels black rear tints and boot spoiler. Have to say it was a great car but i respected it rather than loved it, changed it for a Civic type R which i do love.

But i have to say yours looks absolutely fantastic, and i didnt know you could mod it that much. As some one has said rear camber a bit dramatic and why no boot spoiler.

Certainly worth all the effort and great colour to.
hehe yeah the accords are great cars... the k24's are highly moddable
yeah the rear camber is a lvoe hate thing lol but i have it set as negative purly to allow the wheels to fit lmao.. but in mixed minds wheater to go vip or track look lol

i did have a spoiler on there a mugen gt wing from a dc5 hang on i got a few pic of my car how she looked like last year btw the rims are really dirty but this was a daya fter i came back from castle comb ... its all brake dust lol.. the wheels are 17s volk - cvpros 3 piece

i removed the spoiler because i wanted the USDM clean look

·
Honda Fanatic ! ! ! !
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nicd buddy too much rear camber for me but love everyting else!
thank you dude, yeah unfortunately wanting to be low and wide means i have to have negative camber... sever yes... lol.... but im in mixed mind about this and do love the look of track cars so might get into that lol

·
Honda Fanatic ! ! ! !
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See to me that looks awesome :D. Although I think it needs more lows
yup my idea is to get it so low that i shall be called he who sparks when he comes lol... i cant get the rear lower as my wheels have been grinding into the bottom cup of the suspension so its locked in place lmao.. time to get bigger hub centric spacers me thinks lol

either get the meister's repaired or get some bc racing coillies or some tein again

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Hey Anojan, good to see you over here mate :D

Looking sweet, I'm loving the new rims and clean look. Does make me miss my Accord a little bit, but I do love the Civic (apart from the NHB paint showing up every little scratch!).

A pic of my old gal, for nostalgia's sake:

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Sweet car, the Accord is one of my favorite Honda's around. Classy, yet highly tunable. Now sell me your bottom engine block please :)

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
delish got me interested in one of these now lol

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
very very nice, bet your seeing something like 230 at the flywheel??

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Hey Anojan, good to see you over here mate :D

Looking sweet, I'm loving the new rims and clean look. Does make me miss my Accord a little bit, but I do love the Civic (apart from the NHB paint showing up every little scratch!).
you glad you made the switch from accord to civic john
kinda contemplating the switch myself from mapped ictdi accord to ctr, truth is i really like the accord, just get bored easily :confused:

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
kinda contemplating the switch myself from mapped ictdi accord to ctr, truth is i really like the accord, just get bored easily :confused:
I'm glad I made the switch, but they are completely different cars. I can't fault the Accord really, was just bigger than what I needed. I actually find I've got more space in the Civic too, oddly enough.

It was a lovely looking car, and drove like a dream, but my Civic is faster (I had the 2.0l petrol), and handles better. Also the Civic interior is amazing in comparison, feels much more modern. Sitting in other cars now seems boring compared to the Civic cockpit, lol.

Reactions: jakeyboy

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Flawless..i always said if i wanted another honda itll be this one!!youve done well!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had 6 years in An Accord and now have a CTR.
There are very few cars that will give you the buzz that a CTR gives when Vtecing it to 8000rpm, its not just about power because i bet your mapped Accords pulls hard as did my Accord type s (2.4 190 bhp) its just the whole car is about performance and you never tire of hitting the red line.

BUT the Accord is a true Honda, i had 99% reliability out of the 4 Accords ive owned, the CTR is as bad as my wifes Peugeot and has had 3 separate dealer visits this year. But now its sorted i wouldnt go back to the Accord.

·
Honda Fanatic ! ! ! !
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
guys thank you so much for your kind words.. will keep this page upated as an when i get more parts and stuff done... i really want a custom carbon fibre front splitter to go with my lip but cant find anyone who does it? lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts