2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to phone Honda service today as an odd thing has happened with the new Accord: when I return to it at work or home, it is locked but the four windows are all down by a uniform 3 inches. Apparently the Service Manager said he has dealt with this before and was baffled at first. It is though a design feature - if the car is locked and the key fob unlock button is subsequently pressed for a second or two the car unlocks and windows drop. it then relocks after 45 seconds but the windows stay down. Honda advice is to lock the car, don't put keys in pockets but walk away ensuing the key fob buttons are not pressed.

Strange design feature but I thought I'd share it with other civinfo members (car's still great despite this quirk)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry didn't make the point that this has occurred only four or five times in 5 weeks of ownership - it's not a daily event

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know its purpose? Maybe ventilation for a dog? The only similar thing i can think of is when the rear hatch window on my 06 Freelander used to slide down on holding the unlock i seem to remember

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had to phone Honda service today as an odd thing has happened with the new Accord: when I return to it at work or home, it is locked but the four windows are all down by a uniform 3 inches. Apparently the Service Manager said he has dealt with this before and was baffled at first. It is though a design feature - if the car is locked and the key fob unlock button is subsequently pressed for a second or two the car unlocks and windows drop. it then relocks after 45 seconds but the windows stay down. Honda advice is to lock the car, don't put keys in pockets but walk away ensuing the key fob buttons are not pressed.

Strange design feature but I thought I'd share it with other civinfo members (car's still great despite this quirk)

Yup this is a new feature which wasn't on the 7th gen. Honda class this as the Anti-pinch Power Window Operation. European car manufacturers have been doing this for yonks and Honda have finally put this feature in European accord. JDM models too have had this for yonks.

You are right in saying it can be operated by the key fob.. but I find it hard for the unlock button being depressed in your pocket. this operation can only be performed whilst the car is unlocked. If unlock the car and then hold the button for a second time within 10 seconds, the windows and sunroof open. The windows and sunroof stop moving when the unlock button is released.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Youre right. Closer inspection of the manual shows you can open and close windows with the key fob.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts