2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
this doesn't work on my civic, my VIN plate is (not exactly the same) but has the 2 bold digits. I follwed you're instructions to the letter. The car is new to me all be it on a 56 plate. Is there someway that the dealer or honda on a previous service have disabled it? If so what can I do to disable their handy work?

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I had no problem doing this, make sure you wait long enough for the locking sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i timed it at about 30 seconds for the double click but heard nothing, even took it for a quick 30 mph session in my short residential street (much to the disamy of my neighbours) mines a 2.2 CDTI. does this make a difference?
my bold numbers are 07 though.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Honda (until this year) started selling next years model in October, so yours could indeed be an '07 Model Year Civic - and given that the auto lock doesn't work, probably is :) (or :()

·
Registered
161 Posts
Don't quite understand how it can be a 2007 car, it's on a 56 plate, registered in nov 2006,
The 9th and 10th digits of the VIN number are the Model Year - in your case I think you said 07 - so yours is indeed a 2007 Model Year car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All, i have 06 car (checked with the VIN as described) but nothing happens when i follow these instructions. :( Do you hold the lock button on the key, whilst it is in the barrel? Any help would be great on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts