2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed the wiki to active automatic door locks @ 10 and also automatic door locks when turning off the ignition, and everything seems to go fine and got the right door locking sounds for both.

Although the auto-unlock when turning off the ignition seems to work fine, but the auto door locks @ 10 don't seem to be working?

there's only one bit on the instructions i may have interpreted wrong. 'Close the driver's door'. I took that to mean physically close the door and it's lock status not being relevant?

Has anyone else had this problem? what should i expect to happen when it's working properly? it's a 06 vin so should work in theory

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I followed the instructions and it didn't work properly.

I tried again from the beginning and it worked fine second time. I don't know what I did differently though? :oops:

Did you hear the second locking noise while holding the button?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i assume I heard the locking sounds, i heard the initial lock sounds of me pressing the button then about 6 seconds later there was another lock sound if that's right?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I take it you guys all have the right model year civics?? it doesnt work on the 2008 models and pretty sure not on the 2007MY cars either.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I followed the instructions and it didn't work properly.

I tried again from the beginning and it worked fine second time. I don't know what I did differently though? :oops:

Did you hear the second locking noise while holding the button?
That's exactly what has happened to me. followed the instructions exactly, got exactly the same results absolutely nothing different and it works fine now!

Although i was bit confused at first thinking the locks would be activated at and above 10mph which would be a bit pointless because you'd get to 9mph and the doors would unlock.
But for anyone thinking the same thing the locks come on and stay on once you've got to 10mph even if you go under it again.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
nope :(

(sorry to give that answer to your first post - welcome aboard anyway though! :D)

·
Registered
2 Posts
So do think its just a case of going to a honda dealer and asking them to activate it for you?

If I can find out from the dealers I will post the instructions.

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
I think it was Rich from memory, but don't quote me on that.

Either that or it is aftermarket alarm time - the higher end ones should have this feature.

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
I assume the reason why it doesn't work in the UK is some national law?

If so then no reputable dealer would have anything to do with activating it.

Must admit, it's a feature I would like.

Carjackers have a nasty habit of opening your tailgate when stationary and hoping you will leave the engine running when go to close it.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
No it wasn't a law, I think I read somewhere there is a slight chance, or possibility, that the doors wouldn't unlock if you have an accident. Think it was in the Wiki section actually.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
The doors won't unlock in the event of a bump, becuase there is no trip circuit to tell them to do so - which is (I believe) why Honda issued a note to dealers to tell them to un-set it if they came across a car that had "accidentaly" enabled the feature.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The doors won't unlock in the event of a bump, becuase there is no trip circuit to tell them to do so - which is (I believe) why Honda issued a note to dealers to tell them to un-set it if they came across a car that had "accidentaly" enabled the feature.
It seems like quite a dangerous flaw to me for doors not to unlock when you crash, as this could still happen if you manually lock the doors

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
That said, you simply press the unlock door button on the drivers side no?

I can't imagine that even in a serious bump it would kill all of the electrics?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
yes, exactly that :)

There is a risk that the electrics will have gone - but as parsnip says, the same risk as if you'd locked them manually.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That said, you simply press the unlock door button on the drivers side no?

I can't imagine that even in a serious bump it would kill all of the electrics?
I was thinking in more the cases where you're unconscious and you rely on someone from the outside unlocking the door

1 - 20 of 28 Posts