2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few threads with this,, and I still can not believe on line it says my day trip to work and home costs £26

However roughly the tank will cost around £65 to fill,

And when I get to work and home it has only gone down just under a quarter of a tank,

Surely if it was £26 it should be closer to to the half a tank?

Any one have any ideas how I can work out how much exactly I will need to get to work for a month?

Averaging 33.3MPG so the computer says??

·
Registered
425 Posts
:confused::confused::confused:

Calculate your actual MPG at fill up, use your trip computer to record your daily mileage for work and you can then roughly work out how much fuel you use each round trip. Multiply by the number of work days each month and you have your answer. Simples.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Fill tank to brim, do a couple of hundred miles, record milage. Full to the brim again, record amount filled up.

Litres / 4.5 = gallons

Milage / gallons = actual mpg

The fuel guage isn't very accurate tbh, it sits on 'Full' a quite a few miles.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I’m getting 38mpg at the min doing 21miles to work and back .. plus site visits all over...

i get about 200miles to half a tank if i fill it to the brim... around £65

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I’m getting 38mpg at the min doing 21miles to work and back .. plus site visits all over...

i get about 200miles to half a tank if i fill it to the brim... around £65
On the computer mines about the same on an 80 mile round trip.

In reality it's about 35/36 mpg, that's with v power and a few small changes

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Have always had my computer set on auto reset so that each time I fill it up, speedo resets to zero.
I usually look to fill it up around 300 miles of motoring, and before the low fuel light comes on.
Normally takes about 45 litres or round about 10 gallons.
MPN has it about right above, but my computer is certainly accurate enough.
Most I have ever managed on a full tank was 36 mpg. Steady 70 mph French autoroute.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i use to do a daily work commute from liverpool to manchester... Full tank around £65.. top to bottom on the range from 330 - 350miles. Avg 33mpg (computer shows). Generally the first 50 - 60miles the fuel pin won't budge and there after just drops.

sounds about right i guess :)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Have always had my computer set on auto reset so that each time I fill it up, speedo resets to zero.
I usually look to fill it up around 300 miles of motoring, and before the low fuel light comes on.
Normally takes about 45 litres or round about 10 gallons.
MPN has it about right above, but my computer is certainly accurate enough.
Most I have ever managed on a full tank was 36 mpg. Steady 70 mph French autoroute.
I heard this wall possible (auto reset) but how is it done?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
At what point does the low fuel warning light come on?
I've had my fuel needle at about the 2nd tiny white line before the red and no fuel warning.
I'm scared to push it as I had an incident in my diesel Peugeot 206 when I first got it where I ran out of fuel. Warning came on and I should of had about 50 miles worth left (according to the handbook) but it ran out ater about 10 leaving me stuck. Peugeot said that was just the way it was on that model.

But I have wondered with the Type R. I had done about 325 miles from filling when it got to the 2nd white line with no worning yet and wondered how much farther I could go.
Like what others have said, I find with V-Power I can go about 75-80 miles before the needle starts to move, then it just drops rapidly.
I drive at a reservered pace most of the time. My current average MPG is about 36.2 which seems quite good for my 28 mile round trip from Falkirk to Stirling daily on mixed roads (average speed recorded at 25MPH). But I sometimes feel at the rate the needle's dropping I'm only getting about 10 miles per white line on the gauge.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Comes on when you have between 50 and 30 miles left in your tank (about 1 gallon left in your tank)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
bending past the zero :mad:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
how can any of you get 38mpg on way to work? if i drive at 70mph I can get about 32mpg Max...is there something wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
how can any of you get 38mpg on way to work? if i drive at 70mph I can get about 32mpg Max...is there something wrong?
Long runs are the key... I sit around 70-77 (77 on the speedo is actually around 70mph on the gps)

Like tomorrow I’m due in head office at 8am in Blackpool... so setting off from Leeds at 6am ... cruise control on 50mph through the average speed checks and then 70-77 all the way there ... 38.7mpg 90miles ish

When I visit a site in Settle from Leeds i get around 34mpg ... but lots of interesting roads leading up to the site ;) all I have is a Hondata Group N ECU and silly 19’s.

Gonna get my 17’ rota’s on soon so could poss push past 40mpg ... hopefully!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts