2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I'm running out of ideas on what to upgrade on my fn2 so am fancying the acuity shifter base bushings to go under the gear stick.

Are they a complete waste of 30 quid, or do they actually make the shift feel any better?

I've already got a genuine skunk 2 knob.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - A nice marginal improvement in shifting feel.

I'd suggest their gear cable bushings (The ones that go on the transmission itself) - They're a revelation!
Yeh I was looking at the ktuned ones for the gearbox end which have a spherical bearing rather than a bushing .

Will the base bushings make any difference on their own or do I need to do the box end too?

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
The base bushings do also have an effect. In my case I did the box first, so it was less noticeable than a change from stock, however, veehexx did base bushings first and reported a big change from stock.

It'll certainly reduce play.

The ktuned are essentially the same as the acuity, with a spherical bearing, though they do come out slightly cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The base bushings do also have an effect. In my case I did the box first, so it was less noticeable than a change from stock, however, veehexx did base bushings first and reported a big change from stock.

It'll certainly reduce play.

The ktuned are essentially the same as the acuity, with a spherical bearing, though they do come out slightly cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Cheers mate.

Where did you find them cheaper than ktuned? Tegiwa do the ktuned ones for 50 quid, but the acuity ones are 70.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
I was typing my thoughts :p

The Ktuned are the cheaper option. Personally, Given my experience with Acuity products, I'd pay the premium (They've always had perfect fitment etc.) - That being said, there's not much to go wrong (one would hope) with a bushing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts