2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I fitted a Pure DAB unit which works okay for me, not perfect as I'm getting a little bit of electrical noise during the quiet parts (work in progress!!). Also it allows you to use the current Honda FM aerial (ie in the rear window, not the best as you probably worked out!) or add an additional aerial solely for DAB.

Ebay link Pure Highway 300Di In-Car DAB Digital Radio & Audio Adaptor Kit NEW VL-61945 | eBay

They do newer one's, noticed the 400 is about £30 extra which adds Bluetooth but I already had it built in. The 300 will play tracks from Spotify/Apple Music, as long as it is initiated from the phone. As I say, not perfect but works for me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I got a pure highway 600 at the weekend and it took 10mins to install. It's either aux in or works as an FM transmitter and is powered by a 5v USB connector with the control unit and aerial stuck to the passanger windscreen. The handsfree seems to work well and, so far, driving around North/Mid Devon I've only had the DAB signal cut out once

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
The handsfree seems to work well and, so far, driving around North/Mid Devon I've only had the DAB signal cut out once

Lucky you! I travel between Tiverton and Barnstaple once a week and as soon as I get close to South Molton I loose everything, DAB, FM and even my EE mobile stream - thank goodness for downloads!

PS the aerial is absolutely rubbish on my EX, just deciding on what external one to go for.

Not answering? Must be on the air then!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I manly got it for the handsfree so the DAB working fairly well is a bonus. The disadvantage with the 400/600 is that you can't connect an external aerial (which would have been nice).

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I manly got it for the handsfree so the DAB working fairly well is a bonus. The disadvantage with the 400/600 is that you can't connect an external aerial (which would have been nice).

Interesting that you can with the older 300!?

Not answering? Must be on the air then!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts