2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Adding line out to rear speakers fn2

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  The_old_man 
#1 ·
I'm getting conflicting info online.

Can anyone tell me how they which of these wires is for the rear left and rear right positive and negative on a 3-door fn2 Type R?

My brain says it's the twisted pairs, brown and yellow, and green and orange. But a few places online says that's wrong.

Anyone wanna help me out??

See less See more
#4 ·
Well for anyone who are search happens to find this forum post please be away and a mark 8 facelift Civic Type-R do not I repeat do not connect one of your loc connections to the Blue singular wire.in the wiring loom because as many people will state that is one of the correct wires that is wrong that has now brought on my SRS airbag light. What I can safely say it's true is that one of the speakers is actually the brown and yellow twisted pair, the other one I am unsure of I am testing now and I'll let you know

#5 ·
So to follow up I didn't use the blue and orange wire I instead tapped or wires into the other two brown and yellow wires and that's working fine but unfortunately now my airbag light is on. I'm not sure where the information comes from that the blue and orange is correct but it is wrong

#6 ·
I've used this in the past and it was pretty accurate, but it was the wires at the speakers. Have you tried disconnecting the battery to cancel the airbag light, I don't think apps like Torque Pro will remove an airbag fault they normally deal with just the engine.

#7 ·
I've tried disconnecting the battery for about 5 mins, but it's still there. Thankfully we have a decent all car diagnostics machine at work, so I'm hoping thatll clear it. If not, got a feeling I've fried something, which if I have, I'm not gonna mess around tracing problems, not in the mood for that at the minute

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.