2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some help and advice from you audiophiles.
Trying to add a miniamp to my oem unit in Civic 2012 ES.
Found the iso adapter on connects2.
Is this the right way to connect? Is this all I need?
THANKS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OK.....

First thing, does your car have an o.e amp? If it does then the wee pioneer one won't be compatible.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Other than that it what you have above looks to be correct, as long as there is no external amp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK.....

First thing, does your car have an o.e amp? If it does then the wee pioneer one won't be compatible.

Doesnt look like it has one, the sound quality is pretty poor too hence why i want to boost it a bit with the pioneer thingy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm currently running stock speakers the now till I get the amps wired in. I have sealed the doors with CLD tiles and MLV and CCF and the difference is night and day. A lot more mid bass and clarity from the oe speakers with just that upgrade, cost less than 50 quid. More power is never a bad thing as it provides more headroom, let's you turn the volume up hopefully without the risk of clipping the signal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did this and it actually works flawlessly. Really happy with this amp, fits just right between the 1din unit and climate control unit,so no need to wire anything anywhere. If anyones intereseted in boosting their OEM audio this worked 100%, just get the CT10HD04 adapters and GM-D1004 mini-amp.
Also i've put in a bit better speakers so sound quality has drastically improved. Just look at the picture. OEM speakers and their magnets... they are ridiculously tiny :D

I've also 3d modeled the speaker brackets which i 3d printed myself. If anyone wants those who have access to 3d printer let me know and I can share the files.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Had my pioneer d1004 amp installed yesterday on factory speakers. Sound feels much deeper already. Ordered focal rce165 for front and rcx for rear. Are you still happy with your settup?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
So just to update had Focal speakers installed and sound deadening done (cheaper dynamat version and closed cell foam to absorb noise, rattle from door). Sound is just as i wanted. No need for subwoofer, getting rear view mirror to vibrate and still clear sound and no ratles or distortion coming from speakers or doors and all at15 to 20 sound level(half way). Thank you for Adomolis for starting this thread and shearing usefull info as it helped me to make up my mind and buy some bits needed for this upgrade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sooo, I've just installed the same system, however I'm getting a low static noise when I turn the ignition on! What did you connect the control cable into in the back of the head unit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts