2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've recently bought a 59' facelift civic. In the armrest I have a 12V charger port and the 3.5 mm aux jack, but no usb. Would I be able to get the usb parts from a breakers and plug them into the headunit?

Regards

Christian

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
The facelift models have a slightly different head unit to allow for a remote aux input & USB connection. As you have a blanking plug where the USB socket lives, you may just need the wiring and armrest socket.

It's difficult to say if your headunit will allow this, I know some continental Civic's didn't have the USB socket but first time anyones said this about a UK one. You may need the look at the headunit part number to be sure.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Base models only had the 3.52 jack aux in....

Both the aux in and USB go to a control box which then connects to the head unit.

The questions you need answering are...

1. Is it the same control box for all models (just minus the wiring to the armrest). If not you will need a new control box.

2. Does your head unit have the firmware to recognise it has the USB supporting control box connected as it connects to the main aux port which has data connections as well as analogue inputs... I would assume they all do, but you never know with Honda.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but if I bought a 2010 head unit could I got it into my 2006 car and buy the usb stuff?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've bought a control box off eBay complete with the wiring. When it arrives I will take the stereo out and have a look. Will keep you guys updated! Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so the parts from ebay came, but the wire which connects the control box to the head unit had been cut. After soldering it all back together I wired it all up and plugged in the ipod which said it had been docked. Pushed the aux button on the headunit and...... nothing! Can anybody tell me if the wire that comes from the cd changer control box in the back of the headunit goes directly into control box? Maybe its my soldering!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts