2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here goes... first post...

Not got my Civic yet... doing the big test drive tomorrow to decide on either the 1.4 or 1.8
Thing is I can only afford the 09 SE model... the 09 SE does not have the USB where as the 09 ES does... As far as I can tell it is the exact same stereo so my question would be...

Can you fit your own USB port? As the stereo connectors should be the same it should be as simple as wiring the usb cable into the connector where it is on the ES... am I wrong?

Im not used to complicated electrical systems in cars... my current car is 15 years old... so I've never had to think about such things!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Err, not so simple I an afraid - me and a few other members have been trying to work out how to do it - there is a USB box of tricks, and if you buy genuine Honda parts will be about £350. The killer is that the head-unit needs a firmware upgrade - and no-one knows how to do that - a new H/U from Honda is £750 though!

You can buy a DICE unit, or X-carlink or indeed the Honda IPOD adaptor - each has its own plusses & minuses - a quick search on here should sort you out (Or leave you even more confused!..)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts