2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok received my new keyfob to learn and train from existing one with the Ignition sequence on the car and old / new key..

followed the process given with the new key fob and nothings is working when I try to operate the new key fob..

any ideas what may be wrong here ??

ig = on-off-on-off-on
press old remote raised button x 3 within 10sec (indicator lights stay on)
press new remote raised button once and wait for indicator lights to turn off.
now press new remote raised button once more and it's done..

for me it's done nothing as the new remote won't work but the old one still works fine..

any help or ideas ???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found this wil give it a try

DIY Reprogramming keyless entry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can have up to 3 keyless Fobs programmed to the car.
The process goes as:
1)turn the ignition to the on position (II)
2)within 1-4 seconds press the lock or unlock button on the transmitter twards the multiplexer ecu behind the drivers side of the dash.
3)within 1-4 seconds shut the ignition off
4) do steps 1-3 two more times after the 2nd time you want to do it again but do not shut off the ignition switch this time. You will hear the door lock actuator click letting you know the codes have been erased and it is time to set the new remotes. Within 10 seconds of hearing the clicking push and hold either the lock or unlock button and you will hear the door lock actuator sound again. First one is then set for the next FOB just do the same thing as the first and you will hear the click confirming that the second one is set.
5) turn the ignition to the off position and pull the key out.
6) make sure the keyless works and you are good to go

1 - 2 of 2 Posts