2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just bought an 07 Civic Type R GT after owning an Audi A3 2.0TDI sport and before that a Mini Cooper S, I have to say that I never thought I would find a car that was as much fun as the mini but am very pleased to stand corrected, I am also very pleased with the overall build quality.

Does anybody know if it is possible to add a middle rear seat belt?

Also, does anybody know of good online parts/accessory dealers? apart from other things I would like to get a space saver spare wheel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
glad you enjoy it.

i still get a massive smile when i drive my car and i have had it nearly 3 months

and to my knowledge there is a middle seat belt.

well in my car there is
i've got a

type s - 3Dr NHB 57 plated

·
Registered
64 Posts
the type r is classed as a two seater in the rear as opposed to the other cars which are 3.

So i woudl say no mate.

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Also all the electronics etc only have the detectors for two rear passengers...

Saying that though, if you take the rear seat out, you will probably find the anchor points for the third seat, but 5 people in the car will slow it down... I say take the other two seatbelts out ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5th Seatbelt

Fair comment,

Its actually quite nice to have an excuse not to give too many people lifts.

Does anyone know of any decent online parts/accessory dealers.

Also what's your thinking on the puncture repair kit v's space saving spare wheel thing? I had a blow out not so long ago in my last car and am not especially comfartable not having a spare - although the extra space in the boot is great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
space saver

I got the space saver wheel with my type R i think i payed £70.00 of the dealer .Just as well. As i got a hole in the outer wall of my 19" rages
I dont think the foam would have been much good.
Least to say i was not happy having to replace a tyre
But was thankful had spare ior i would have been stuck

Type R GT milano red 19" wheels premium mats :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
The rear seats in a Type S are identical apart from colour.
They have a 'Third' belt.
So my guess is, that the anchor points will be there.
However, as has been pointed out, Its officially a 4 seater....
God knows why???:confused:
Yet another Honda logical idea...:rolleyes:
Have word with your dealer

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I went down this route...

The lack of a middle belt is a deliberate marketing decision by Honda :(

There's even a poll about it in here somewhere... :)

Check out the dealers in this forum for some good prices on the spare wheel :D

And flash if you see a (currently VERY dirty :oops:) NHB civic coming the other way :wink:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Another convert from Mini ,welcome aboard

·
Loving It!!!
69 Posts
I too thought that I would be disappointed after moving over from a Mini Cooper S but I was also suprised. Who says a practical car can't be fun

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi SJT it would be physically possible to add a rear seat belt, but on the V5 log book, it is classed as a 4 seat car. :(
I need this third seat belt urgently!! Does anybody know a company that can do this? Ive looked into the option of installing type s seats into the back of my type R GT. But does anybody know if the fittings are in the back of the type R seats like the type S???

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I need this third seat belt urgently!! Does anybody know a company that can do this? Ive looked into the option of installing type s seats into the back of my type R GT. But does anybody know if the fittings are in the back of the type R seats like the type S???
I think you'll find your not insured for 5 people if your V5 says the car is a 4 seater, even if you fit it...could be on very dodgy ground.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts