2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the headlights for europe? Do they even need doing?

I did ask my local dealer and they seemed to think it's not possible :worms:

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

'Yes' they do need doing as you will be driving on the right hand side of the road and the beam will blind oncoming traffic.

It's pretty easy to do for the HID's on the Civic. Not sure about the Accord though. If it's any help, the Civic adjustment procedure is here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/a/3060-set-up-headlights.html

Steve
I appreciate they need 'adjusting' - coming from a Civic to Accord; I didnt know if they were subject to the same changes or if the beam was the same height and spread across the road...

·
Registered
365 Posts
I appreciate they need 'adjusting' - coming from a Civic to Accord; I didnt know if they were subject to the same changes or if the beam was the same height and spread across the road...
You seemed to have missed the point, nothing to do with whether you came from a Civic to an Accord or VW Golf or whatever. A car's beam in the UK will always be set-up slightly to the nearside.

I was therefore answering your question "Do they even need doing"? The answer is an emphatic 'YES'. Adjust them by trial and error, it's not an exact science.

Clear now?

Steve

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know why I even bothered to answer you. I should of just said 'do a search'

You have missed the point, nothing to do with whether it's a Civic or Accord or VW Golf. A car's beam in the UK will always be set-up slightly to the nearside.

I was therefore answering your question "Do they even need doing"? The answer is an emphatic 'YES'. Clear now?

Steve
Perhaps I've not been overly concise with my question.

I shall direct you to a picture from Pottsy's review which is showing a level beam with no apparant flick to the LHS.

My point was in essence as I've observed similar behaviour on my car, as to weather HID's did need to be adjusted for continental driving, or if they were setup from the factory to suit both driving orientations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Very good instructions on how to raise or lower the beam height in the link you gave Steve but unfortunately this does not change the kickup from L to R which is what you need for continental driving.
Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts