2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I fitted some meisters last week, everything looked okay but I noticed the car was slightly lower on the n/s, so today I jacked the front end up, I set the ride height exactly the same on both sides measuring between the bottom collar and the upper one that sits below the spring. When I dropped the car back down the n/s seemed even further out than before, so I lowered the n/s coilover on its own and put the wheel back on, again it was still out. I repeated the process about 4-5 times until the distance between the the collars on the n/s is 3.5 cm and on the o/s is 7cm!

The car now sits level but the coilovers are set at completely different heights, I'm not going to drive it because it can't be right at all, I've set the preload to the same on both sides equally so that isn't the problem. Any ideas what it could be?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've obviously already done that haha

My car now sits perfect, 33cm from the centre of the wheel to the arch on both sides, however I've had to lower one coilover 3.5cm lower than the other to achieve this, my question is, is this normal?

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
No its not normal. Something is wrong. Is the ground level? Is the spring preload the same on both sides?

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
Oh and for the record my coilovers are set equal heights on the suspension units with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts