2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried a search, but apparently I am the only one having trouble with the screenwash jets- They're vigorous enough, but they don't spray where I would like them to (mainly the windscreen! :rolleyes: ). No, the glass roof gets copiously sprayed, the wing mirrors, but not the windscreen...

I had a peer, but they seem to be slits in the plastic with no visible nozzle to adjust with a needle. Anyone have/had the same trouble, and how did you fix it?

Maxbert

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a similar trouble - they spray the wiper arms! My (temporary) solution is to turn on the wipers before washing. This also overcomes that fact that mine no longer automatically 'wipes when you wash' - which it used to. [smilie=confuzzled.:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... Misery loves company!

I also have an intermittent problem with the "wipe as you wash" function, I find the lever needs a good hard pull to make it work, then again it has only been used about 4 times to date!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry folks, quick post to kick this back up a little- Has nobody had an issue with the screenwash jets? Has nobody had / wanted to adjust them???

Maxbert

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Max,

I was just investigating this matter the other week, and even asked how-to to my dealer's workshop head-man, when I was there to have the tank pump checked, but he didn't had a clue too...!

Anyway, I got to discover that there is a small horizontal slot in each jet. If you use the blade of a screwdriver, you can just slide the jet up or down.

About right-left movements, I'm afraid we'll have to take down the whole windscreen grill!
According to the workshop manual, they're fixed to the grill with two screws each from the inside...:roll:

HTH

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Result! [smilie=upyeah.gif] [smilie=fixtit.gif]

Bravo Zemian, sei grande! Domani provo a vedere, se non piove troppo! Forse scorrono anche da destra a sinistra :confused: *

*Translation for panicked mods (What's he posting? WHAT IS HE POSTING!?!?):

Cool Zemian, you da man! I'll give it a shot tomorrow if it's not raining too much. Maybe they also slide from left to right :confused:

Thanks!

Maxbert

·
Registered
16 Posts
Result! [smilie=upyeah.gif] [smilie=fixtit.gif]

Bravo Zemian, sei grande! Domani provo a vedere, se non piove troppo! Forse scorrono anche da destra a sinistra :confused: *

*Translation for panicked mods (What's he posting? WHAT IS HE POSTING!?!?):

Cool Zemian, you da man! I'll give it a shot tomorrow if it's not raining too much. Maybe they also slide from left to right :confused:

Thanks!

Maxbert
Hi Maxbert, any news, does the trick works?
I have the same problem, and I live in Italy also.

FT.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fullthrottle- I haven't tried yet, I don't feel like messing at 07:45 AM when I drive the kids to school, when I get home from work it's dark and I've had enough of everything...:(

Maybe this weekend...;)

Massimoberto

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any feedback?

What was the outcome of this historic thread please?

My washer jets do a wonderful job of spraying the wiper arms, but don't get much on the screen.

I tried adjusting the jets with a small screwdriver as described, but couldn't make any change; they appeared to be already pointing as far up as they can go.

Is it me, or is the washer liquid bottle very small? I have had to refill again after just a couple of weeks (or is it that the pump is very powerful and vast quantities are spurted out?).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re fullthrottle's reply above. So glad the Civic seems to be selling well in Italy. But let's remember the Blessed Mr Matsumoto, the designer of the Spaceship, did go to study in Italy and got many of his ideas there. (See the brochure.) Salutissimi dalla Scozia a tutti i piloti della Civic in Italia!
(Hi from Scotland to all you Civic drivers in Italy!)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
So do I have this correct or am I being silly- you can't adjust the washers left/right, just up/down?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thumbs up to this thread!

Had the same question and will try to adjust the washers later this afternoon!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Mine are the same, seem to miss the bottom of the wipers, always end up with a band at either side of the screen at the bottom where the screen isn't getting wet.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Mine are the same, seem to miss the bottom of the wipers, always end up with a band at either side of the screen at the bottom where the screen isn't getting wet.

im in this club of having the band at the bottom:( i was gonna adjust them but didnt think and washed my car first. cant get the screen all mucky now!!

·
3,295 Posts
Mines need adjusted horizontally so have booked in the dealer...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts