2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

admiral bunch of chancers, help please

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RobertUtley 
#1 ·
well had a phone call with the insurance tonight
regarding a conviction i had on my insurance

so first called and got a foreigner couldnt understand a word i was saying, asked to be put through to customer services and got put through to claims,

got through to a english girl that was more than helpful

my conviction is due off my insurance on 06/05/12 thats me had it 5 years

so my question was when this comes off will my insurance go down?

they said not until my renewal which is in feb 2013, i have basically been paying double insurance for 5 years and they wont let me take it off till renewal, which i think is crap

so i thought of cancelling and taking out a new policy, they said i could do that theres no harm in doing so, but wouldnt recommend it:facepalm:

so basically i pay £200 a month which is £2400 a year
to cancel the policy its £47

for a new policy without my conviction ITS £736 A YEAR:eek:

so thats what i am going to do

my questions to you all is
i am due to pay a payment of £200 on the 03/05/12

so if i cancel the policy before the 3rd will i have to pay this installment??

do i pay insurance for the previous month or is it advance payments??

sorry for the long speel but i am confused

thanks

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
You'll need to ask Admiral Gaz, I believe most of them you pay in arrears, in other words yes you will have to pay on 03/05/12 but you won't be covered for May as that payment relates to the prior month, I could be wrong tho so I'd check with them for definite

Glad to hear the premium has reduced so much for you tho Gaz ;)

#3 ·
my understanding of it is the same as what dave said...

good luck sorting it out!

Reactions: geemac
#6 ·
i try speak proper on the phone but still doesnt work :facepalm: i am glad because it was looking like i was having to sell up because costs were too high
but with the saving i will be able to keep it now:D

#7 ·
Usually you pay month in advance rather than after the period - however absolutely worth checking with them as if you don't pay and you should have done you breach contract and that won't help you in any way!

#8 ·
I think after 5 years you don't have to declair it. Cancel it and start afresh IMO

#9 ·
Hi mate,

It all depends on the conviction, and the insurance company.

I.e. at my company we load for convictions such as IN10's, BA10's (anything quite serious) for 5 years... even though DVLA only hold it on the license for 4 years.

If your conviction is in date on INCEPTION of the policy, the risk will have to run for that year WITH that conviction loaded for.

If you were to cancel your policy, and go to a different insurer with your last years NCB, they would query your gap in cover.

I'd keep this policy running, wait until renewal (earn your years NCB)... I mean is it worth saving a few hundred quid and losing out on a years NCB?

Admiral are a good company, i'd stick with them.

#11 ·
Must be a pretty bad conviction for that jump in price... the only one i can think of is a drink driving while not insured

Either way, 1 years NCB is more value than some money, if he has been able to afford it this far, no point sacrifinc a years bonus and creating a suspected gap in cover

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.