2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if there are any younger guys looking for insurance for a Type-R but I'm 21 and pay £690 a year at Admiral, that's all at once though.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I with them too. One of the few companies out there that would insure me with all my mods and have my girlfriend on the insurance for £750 a year :D
Do you have more than 6 mods as I've heard the maximum mods you can have with them is 6

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Really? Haven't head that before :(

I've declared:

- Suspension (only interested in how much lower I was taking it)
- Brakes (larger discs, they didn't care)
- Remap
- Wheel spacers (they counted them as part of suspension)
- Rear tints (didn't make a difference to quote)

So in their eyes that is 4 mods as they combined the spacers and suspension into one. (Also surprisingly was more expensive to cover than the remap :rolleyes: )

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Really? Haven't head that before :(

I've declared:

- Suspension (only interested in how much lower I was taking it)
- Brakes (larger discs, they didn't care)
- Remap
- Wheel spacers (they counted them as part of suspension)
- Rear tints (didn't make a difference to quote)

So in their eyes that is 4 mods as they combined the spacers and suspension into one. (Also surprisingly was more expensive to cover than the remap :rolleyes: )
I've heard several people saying admiral insure up to 6.

I'm on 4 just now so if they only do 6 I might need to change insurer when I come to renew

·
C Black 2.2 i-ctdi Ex
76 Posts
I'm due to purchase a 2.2 -ictdi ex this week and hoping to remap. How much more would that bump my insurance up to with Admiral?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,750 Posts
just had a quote back from admiral £928 joke or what as i'm only paying £680 now with tesco

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
just had a quote back from admiral £928 joke or what as i'm only paying £680 now with tesco
I've just left admiral I was on their 10mth policy and they wanted over £750 for my R for 10 mths, got quoted 399 from esure but ended up going with greenlight for 499 as they are very good on any mods and only charge admin to change the policy(they even covered my mugen parts without putting my quote up), I think as long as you stay under a certain horsepower your policy stays the same, and they also cover track days. Would check them out for a quote their on here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts