2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sooo, im seriously thinking of adding the following at the end of the month but decided to get a quote on insurance first an I extremely happy at the cost they quoted.

Braided Hoses front/back
HKS induction kit
Ebach springs/FRS

£66.84

:cool:

Now deciding who is the best to fit it in or near London, TDI or any alternatives?

Cheers

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Unlimited mods for me on the Greenlight policy, only an admin charge when done. You checked these guys out as it could save you overall

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Something to consider, while admiral will insure you with mods they don't replace them if you have an accident.

They failed to mention this to me when I lowered mine luckily when I called for a quote on some more mods they told me about this, have since moved insurance companies to adrian flux.

Was over £100 cheaper with them too

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boo, they never mentioned that well, ill be looking to move away from them next year then.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
+ 1 green light cover our car with all mods replaceable in the even I accident. Rang them to tell them about the miltec come renewal and they said the didn't charge for that. Please surprise

·
Registered
296 Posts
Most of our schemes will allow the addition of modifications without an admin charge being made.

The only time you would encounter a charge would be if your vehicle entered the next BHP banding under the respective Underwriter's product.

Kind regards

Tony

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just on the topic of Admiral, I recently binned them after 2 years hassle free insurance due to the ridiculous renewal quote they gave me. It was £200 more than the previous year despite moving to a better area and with the car being garaged.

They gave the stock excuse of risk/claims etc etc in the area which I'd moved to. Yet couldn't answer why all other main insurers were quoting alot less at the new address. Even my bandit insurance reduced from £200 to £69 for the year!

In the end they gave me a small discount, but still not as good as what Hastings were offering, so they were told politely where to go.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
In the end they gave me a small discount, but still not as good as what Hastings were offering, so they were told politely where to go.

do you have any mods on your car (did you declare them with hastings)
last time i rang then, as soon as i mentioned mods the quote went through the roof

·
Registered
44 Posts
do you have any mods on your car (did you declare them with hastings)
last time i rang then, as soon as i mentioned mods the quote went through the roof
None at all :) .. I'm considering a rear window tint in the future though. Will cross that one if/when I come to it lol

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Cheers for info on Greenlight guys, just done a quote with them there, see how it goes. :)

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Admiral just refused me continued insurance after fitting Meisters....bunch of weirdos. Their loss, got it cheaper with LV. What they are like I've no idea.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I was with Admiral, but this year they have increased my insurance by £30 to £365.

After looking on Compare the Market I found AXA where cheaper at £300 (£350 excess, hire car, medical ins and liability ins) this is for a 44 yr old with full no claims, no accidents or claims in Herts. Plus I'll receive a Mercat toy for free, worth doing it just for the toy! haha :eek:

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
I was with Admiral, but this year they have increased my insurance by £30 to £365.

After looking on Compare the Market I found AXA where cheaper at £300 (£350 excess, hire car, medical ins and liability ins) this is for a 44 yr old with full no claims, no accidents or claims in Herts. Plus I'll receive a Meerkat toy for free, worth doing it just for the toy! haha :eek:
For a second there I thought you were referencing the exhaust variety...

I shall have to enquire with Greenlight come summertime then as I'm currently with Admiral. It's a good job I'm trying to behave with my mods for at least a year of ownership, gives me a sound reason to stick to it now ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts