2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
called them up today to advise that I was replaceing front grill due to it havign a crack...i advised I was thinking of replacing with a geniune honda civic sports grill ( getting from cox)......and was this classed as modification as it was a different colour, etc

i explained that of course this was an honda dealer as such and they kindly advised that this is not deemed a modification and made a note on the account...

very hapoy with this....lets hope they do the same for the type s spoiler im going to get :)

well done admiral......

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
You did better than me then...I rang admiral and they told me it was classed as a modification and want to charge me extra for it :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did better than me then...I rang admiral and they told me it was classed as a modification and want to charge me extra for it :confused:

i stand corrected - i called today as the guy i spoke to could not get off the phone quick enough when i called, so wanted to double check it was on my account.......

my suspicion was correct, as there was not note on the account, i politely advised of this and my sheer disappointment, and they wanted to charge £30....the woman advised a good will gesture they owuld wave the £30 charge for this for when I change...she has advised this is marked on the account...i will be calling tomorrow again to confirm, thats for sure, but fair enough they have waved the charge...which in fairness is only fair...

they are also charging me £17.50 for the rear spoiler being added...so all in all fairly happy......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be carfeful with admiral - 6 modifications and they will no longer want you ;)
cheers **..going to call today to make sure they ahve it on my account..going to get spoiler and grill this week, only other things i will be doing is colour coding and 57i...so will only ever have 4....maybe 5 if i get new type r alloys..but not sure this counts as mod as maybe optional extra :)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I use admiral just use broad modifications such as 'exterior decorative changes' and 'optional extra body kit' only put £6 a year on top of mine!!!

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Bit of a hyjack but, how would you word a k&n induction kit with RAC? :p

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
air intake modifications...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yip - non standard air filter, although when i mentioned this to admiral they noted as induction kit, and will be extra £26.....

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
not too large a price to pay to be fully insured, lets face it they would void you insurance for a lot less!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not too large a price to pay to be fully insured, lets face it they would void you insurance for a lot less!
exactly mate.....cant complain for that price..... i thought that was reasonable...the front grill was £30 which i thought was strange.....i sometimes think they make up these numbers.....!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you know roughly how much insurance company's tend to add for changing the standard front and rear splitters along with the skirts to type r ones?

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
I rang my insurance company a few months ago to check up on some minor issue; they just needed some more documents, so no real problem. Then I casually mentioned that I was thinking of replacing my gear knob, while waiting for her to check something on her PC. The lady then wanted to know why, I said there was a small scratch on it and I wanted to replace it with a black leather one as the OME was a bit pricey. She then got a bit suspicious about how I had managed to scratch the original knob. "what I'm becoming concerned about sir is how you managed to damage the interior of your car". Blimey I though, I only wanted a new gear knob, I'm a perfectionist and I like to take car of my motor, it was slightly scratched when I bought it, that is all. She told me she would have to make a note on my records! I'm glad I did not tell her about the new mats I bought. From now on I shall be very careful what I say.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I rang my insurance company a few months ago to check up on some minor issue; they just needed some more documents, so no real problem. Then I casually mentioned that I was thinking of replacing my gear knob, while waiting for her to check something on her PC. The lady then wanted to know why, I said there was a small scratch on it and I wanted to replace it with a black leather one as the OME was a bit pricey. She then got a bit suspicious about how I had managed to scratch the original knob. "what I'm becoming concerned about sir is how you managed to damage the interior of your car". Blimey I though, I only wanted a new gear knob, I'm a perfectionist and I like to take car of my motor, it was slightly scratched when I bought it, that is all. She told me she would have to make a note on my records! I'm glad I did not tell her about the new mats I bought. From now on I shall be very careful what I say.
tell them how many stone chips you have on the bonnet then they will freak lol.

i've been pretty happy with admiral although i wasnt expected my insurance to go up by £320 for upgrading to a type r (from a hyundai coupe), even when comparison sites were telling me it should have been about £220 even with admiral. must be because of it been a policy update and not a new policy or renewal. ah well, the cars worth it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Insurance.....vs....kits?

Hi All,

Just took delivery of my new 2012 Civic SE 2.2iDtec Crystal Black and was wanting to personalise it a bit with the Honda fitted Design pack which include the Sport front grill, fog lamp area garnish, Sport fuel tank lid and rear tailgate plate. As its a manufacturers supplied and fitted kit would that be classed a one modification or several? :confused:

Cheers,

Pete.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
I wouldn't even bother disclosing it to them mate.

With a company like admiral they just pay marshmellows to sit there on the phones.

At the end of the day it's a Honda factory extra and in the event of a claim, all you have to say is "it came with the car, and it's an optional extra" - they simply can not repudiate if that is the case... The FOS would take your side and crucify them!

If you ring up and start talking to them about it etc your just going to confuse the ape that you talk to, don't waste your time in my opinion :)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
If they are Honda supplied parts that are optional extras, who is to say that you didn't buy the car that way thinking they were standard items?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts