2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
At some point I'm looking to put a different set of pipes on the car if possible. I'm more after a bit more pleasant noise, but nothing obnoxious and certainly nothing deafening and speed since much of the miles I pound out are through motorway driving. Any advice on parts, pricing and where I can source them from?

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Hi,
At some point I'm looking to put a different set of pipes on the car if possible. I'm more after a bit more pleasant noise, but nothing obnoxious and certainly nothing deafening and speed since much of the miles I pound out are through motorway driving. Any advice on parts, pricing and where I can source them from?
By pipes I presume you mean exhaust pipes and if so good luck only real root is custom made I believe there is one but it's a lot of cheddar!!!!!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Well you could go down the custom route. Or Milltek have just deveoped a system for the 1.8 from the cat back. Or if you were just afetr a bit more noise not really performance gains Remus do a back box only for the 1.8. If it were me I would take the new milltek. Buts thats me...

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Well you could go down the custom route. Or Milltek have just deveoped a system for the 1.8 from the cat back. Or if you were just afetr a bit more noise not really performance gains Remus do a back box only for the 1.8. If it were me I would take the new milltek. Buts thats me...
What are the prices of the above options?

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
What are the prices of the above options?
Well custom is whatever you get done. The Milltek is about £650 you have to get the system for the Type R then 2 bits of pipe work that then takes it forward to the Cat off the engine. (See ABP for more info on this system) And off the top of my head The Remus back box is about £300 odd I think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pointers. In honesty the exhausts are likely to remain a dream for the next couple of years. I'd presume my money would be better spent on a different air filter?

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Thanks for the pointers. In honesty the exhausts are likely to remain a dream for the next couple of years. I'd presume my money would be better spent on a different air filter?
Cold..air....intake...and....a...K&N.panel....see....my...build.....thread..(my..space..is..broken)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Just since I've never done anything like this. Do you have to notify your insurance company if you change the filter?
Some people say yes some people say no personally I may not of ;)
But you will hear that technically you need to declare anything exhaust light bulbs grill gear knob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts