2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all , looking to purchase a diesel ex model and was looking for guidance as to any possible common faults to look out for when viewing.
The sort of range I will look to buy in is (my 2006-2009) up to £9500,
I have seen the immensely long thread on clutch issues and am aware of dual mass flywheel noises/problems having been a technician for both VW and Peugeot the latter of which seemed to pioneer such issues.
I would be really grateful of any other problems/issues you all feel I could look out for as just looking at the forums I can see the immense knowledge there is on tap and it seems daft not to use it.
Looking forward to becoming a civic owner and being able to share my experiences.
Thanks to all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, am in exactly same position as you. From what i've seen on the forum apart from the clutch/DMF issue the next biggest failure seems to be coolant temperature switch/corroded connector needing new engine loom. Sure there is a way around that. perhaps a good dollop of waxoyl to prevent corrosion in first place.
seem most issues get sorted though warrranty/evolution. Possible cam chain 120k ish.
Looking at 2.2 ex myself £7000-£9000 or maybe a 1.8 ex if they appear more reliable no clutch/DMF or DPF probs which a lot of diesels seem to suffer from at mo. took a 1.8 on test was impressed with refinement and mpg. Better than my 2.0 diesel auris.
Keep us posted if you learn anything new. As you say better to make an informed choice than go in blind. Made that mistake with the Auris dodgy motors dodgy gearboxes dreadfull fuel consumption struggle to get 45 on a easy run.
Hope you find what your looking for

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Have a look through the faults section of the Wiki.

Personally, I would try to avoid the 06 cars as these appear to have more faults than later cars.

Where have you seen that the cam chain needs changing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.