2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Noob and first time buyer here (of any car, not just a Civic :eek: ).

This Sunday I'm going to look at and test drive a Type S GT (2.2, diesel, 60 plate, 89,000 miles), and as a first time buyer I'm hoping for some pointers to look out for on this model?
i.e. If the clutch typically needs replacing at X miles, easy mods to spot if any, or known issues, stuff like that.

It's not the colour I'm after so (hopefully) I won't purchase, but want to have a few to compare to irl.

Cheers for any advice offered!
Aaron

P.S. Mods: I usually lurk, gawp at pics and read/plan how-to's for when the day comes, so if I'm in the wrong place let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Background

Background if needed:

I'm 24, my grandad passed on his '53 Ford Focus a year ago and have been on the roads for about 32 months inc. learning.

Whilst Sidney (the Focus) is a trooper he's not great for the 120 mile round trip to work I do 3-4 times a week.

Little knowledge about cars, until finding this forum :)

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
FSH is a must for me, and done at the correct intervals. 89k ain't too bad, if they're looked after.

I was born in Brackley, long, long time ago, when it still had a cottage hospital in Pebble Lane, a viaduct, and no ring road !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FSH is a must for me, and done at the correct intervals. 89k ain't too bad, if they're looked after.

I was born in Brackley, long, long time ago, when it still had a cottage hospital in Pebble Lane, a viaduct, and no ring road !
Thanks, this one was owned by a company and had full service history, just the car hadn't been loved so I left it.

Found another one though in the week, 14K on the clock for a '59 plate, one owner from new and bought at that Honda dealer, FHSH at the same Honda Dealer, pretty much every add-on going... It was perfect.

So I put some money on it :D

And small world, I didn't even know Brackley before the Ring Road! The Cottage Hospital is still there you might be pleased to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts